HikaShop Content Module not showing

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #55680

Hi,
This may not be a bug, except in my brain!
I've installed HikaShop Starter on a Joomla 2.5.6 installation that I have migrated from Joomla 1.5.26 and VirtueMart 1.1.5 using the SPUpgrade utility. The new installation is running on XAMPP 1.7.3 for Windows, and I have uninstalled VirtueMart from Joomla 2.5.6 using Joomla Extension Manager. (Eventually, I hope to move the new installation to our live site and upgrade HikaShop to the Business version. So far, HikaShop looks so much better than VirtueMart in many respects.) I'm using the Beez_20 template that comes with Joomla for now but will be upgrading to a commercial template later. I've added a couple of test products and categories to the shop so there's something to look at.

Here's the problem: When I publish the HikaShop Content Module to position 7 (left-hand sidebar) using Joomla Module Manager, the module does not show. If I publish the HikaShop Cart or currency Switcher modules, they display OK, and so does the Joomla Main Menu module. I've tried a couple of other module positions, but the same thing happens.

Please can anyone advise why the HikaShop Content module does not show? I'd be very grateful for any help and please let me know if you need any more information from me.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #55752

You not only have to publish it, but you also need to configure it.
Please follow our tutorial on that:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#products_module

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #56116

Thank you for the pointer Nicolas - sorted!

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds