Custom Field Downloads not working

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 9 months ago #55843

Hi there,

On my website I am using a custom field file upload for each 'Item', so that people can upload images. The problem I am having is that when an order comes through (with a link to the images), when I click the link, instead of the images it directs me through to hikashop on my browser, where I then see the error message 'No Orders Found'.

I have seen from the documentation that the upload file needs to be set to writable, so I have gone and changed the relevant 'safe' folder to 777, however this has not solved the problem.

Any ideas what is wrong please?

Thanks a lot,

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 9 months ago #55898

Hi,

Could you give an example of link that you're trying to download ? And tell us from where you're trying to do that ?
An email ? Which one ? The back end ? Which menu ? The front end ?

11 years 9 months ago #56205

Hi Nicolas,

OK here is a link to a page on the website:

www.tenant4landlords.com/option-1

It is a property website, where users can upload the details of their properties, which are then sent by email to the site admin (this is what I use hikashop for), who then inputs the details into a real estate component in the back end, to then be displayed on the site. Here, you will see at the bottom of the form, the option to upload up to 10 images. When this product is purchased, an order email gets generated and sent to the site administrator with all of the details from the form (including links to the images). However, for some reason when you click the link on the images, instead of downloading the image, you get the problem as described in my previous message.

If you supply me with an email address I can send you the email so you can see for yourself. Can you possibly email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so that I can send forward the email / links to you?

Many thanks,

Keith

11 years 9 months ago #56265

You can send that via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html

Please also give a link to that thread.

11 years 9 months ago #56273

thanks Nicolas, I have just emailed it to you using the contact form

11 years 9 months ago #56325

Please replace the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php and the file media/com_hikashop/mail/order_admin_notification.html.php by the ones attached and that should fix the problem.

Attachments:

11 years 9 months ago #56364

Thank you Nicolas, I will install the new files and let you know how we get on

11 years 9 months ago #56523

Hi Nicolas,

Unfortunately this has not worked - since I have put the new files in it has caused a new error. Now, after a user fills out the userform and then clicks add to cart, the page it directs to is broken (template doesn't work etc - I have attached a screen dump of it) and I get the following error message "Catchable fatal error: Object of class hikashopFile could not be converted to string in /mywebsite/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/field.php on line 1119"

As a result of this I have had to switch back to the old files otherwise my website is not working at all and people cannot buy anything.

Please can you urgently look into this for me.

Thanks very much,

Keith

Attachments:

11 years 9 months ago #56567

Please try with that field.php

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds