UPS Plugin - No Quick Time and Cost Function?

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #55892

I know that the way the UPS plugin that you guys developed requires weight and dimensions of the package to obtain a value on shipping cost. The website ( www.ups.com ) has 4 options when getting the cost of shipping for their website:

Pulled from here: https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc

Quote Type:
Quick Time and Cost (Package)
Quick Time and Cost (Letter)
Detailed Time and Cost
Time-In-Transit Only

Why can we not get a shipping cost with only weight (Quick Time & Cost (Package)) when their website allows this type of quote?

I've attempted to review the developers API and it's a lot of gibberish to me right now. Can't wrap my head around how their php api works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 10 months ago #55954

As far as I know, the developer documentation recommends the use of dimensions for shipping fees.
Is that a problem for you ?
I don't remember the documentation since I have only read it partially 1 year ago and I didn't develop the plugin myself, so I can't say whether or not it will be possible/easy to add such functionality to the UPS plugin.
I can ask our developer team to look at that next week.
If you find or have more information on that, let us know.

11 years 10 months ago #55970

Yes, this is a feature we use religiously because we cannot guarantee the size of the boxes for shipping our parts (motorcycle parts have no standard sizes) and we reuse boxes for shipping purposes to reduce cost. Our existing website is able to provide UPS shipping costs just with weight and no dimensions for packages. I have not been able to figure out the php code used on our site, but I can share it if you would like. I am sure the shipping cost is more accurate with the box sizes but we adjust it after the order if necessary. I really want to continue using the UPS cost function like this.

If UPS is unavailable will hikashop roll over to the manual shipping option if it's enabled?

Thanks for the reply! Love to see that dedication to a quality product!

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by daurwid.

11 years 10 months ago #55987

I have tried to post the Developer zips provided to me by ups.com. Unfortunately your forum will not attach them.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 10 months ago #56014

Thank you but we have the zips on our end so don't worry.

You say that you adjust the shipping price anyway when necessary. So why not do the same with the dimensions entered ? The price might be more accurate and you will still be able to change the price in the order.

Or am I missing something ?

Yes, if you configure manual shipping methods, the system can display both shipping methods at the same time.
What the system does is that it filters the possible shipping methods to be displayed based on your settings, products in the cart, etc and then if there are more than one possibility, it allows the user to choose between them.

11 years 10 months ago #56042

We adjust the shipping cost outside of our website. Our website transactions do not integrate with our in-house point of sale system nor does it integrate with our in-house shipping with Worldship. The price the customer pays on the website could be lower or higher than what we end up getting at the scale and the Worldship quoting system. We also do not charge the credit card via the website it's done on our credit card machines in the store.

They use the quick time and cost function for the Worldship software - since dimensions have to be so big (something about 160 inches comes to mind) before you are required to put in dimensions. And this system is actually not too far off but the numbers never match. The boxes we use to ship with are all shapes and sizes since we reuse boxes that come into us and just fill with packing materials for fitment. Recycling is a good thing but not when you need exact cost of shipping on a website. I wish the point of sale, shipping and website could be integrated but that's not looking too possible right now.

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by daurwid.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 10 months ago #56163

Hello,

I'm part of the hikashop's developper team and I'm in charge of the ups shipping module, we added the "exclude dimensions" fonctionnality that allow you to just send the weight of your products to ups like you wanted to.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: daurwid

11 years 10 months ago #56227

This is amazing news! You just saved my day!

Many thanks!

11 years 10 months ago #56299

After uploading the new files, the shipping feature still does not show in the cart unless I put in dimensions on the product. Do I need to change the ups call out in the display view?

11 years 10 months ago #56329

After looking at the code you provided, I realized that the administration panel for the UPS plugin does not show the "exclude dimensions" boolean list under the dimension approximation option. I can't figure out why it's not showing...

11 years 10 months ago #56334

Gah another bump post for my stupidity.

I had uploaded the files you provided to the wrong folder: /administrator/components/com_hikashop/extensions/plg_hikashopshipping_ups I reverted these files back to original.

I found the correct folder: /plugins/hikashopshipping/ups I uploaded the new files to here.

I can now see the option Exclude Dimensions in the administration configuration under shipping methods/ups. I selected the option Yes. However the shipping options are not showing in the cart.

11 years 9 months ago #56374

Hello,

Can you please send me a screenshot of your :

- "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout" page
- "Hikashop->System->Shipping methods->UPS" page

It would realy help me to understand what the problem is.

11 years 9 months ago #56410

PM sent.

11 years 9 months ago #56417

Try for number 2 with the right links...

11 years 9 months ago #56423

Hello,

Can you try again :

- with this last version

and

- without zone restriction
- with all UPS shipping method

Thanks.

Attachments:

11 years 9 months ago #56549

Uploaded new files to /plugins/hikashopshipping/ups

Added item to cart. Checkout page/shopping cart goes to a white page and doesn't load anymore.

Then followed your instructions: removed Zone "United States of America" (first option on shipping ups page) This is what you mean as zone restriction?
And added all options for shipping.

Still white checkout/shipping cart page - no loading.

Added "Zone" United States of America back.

Still white checkout/shipping cart page - no loading.

Removed all non-USA shipping options.

I noticed only virginia had a zone type "ship" Did I not setup zones correctly? This is making me go bonkers.

11 years 9 months ago #56624

alrighty, confirmed all zones were correct. It does not function properly, only a blank white page occurs after adding an item to the cart or going to the cart or attempting to check out.

11 years 9 months ago #56653

Hello daurwid,

I made few changes in the UPS plugin, can you test it with this version ?

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Mohamed Thelji.

11 years 9 months ago #56693

Just tested new zip. It looks like it's working! I was able to change which shipping options - no problems. Verified all zones worked properly. So far it seems to be working as intended!

Noah

11 years 8 months ago #60592

Update. Still seems to be working fine. Thank you thank you thank you!

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds