Fatal error: Allowed memory size

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #56455

Hi guys

I'm having an absolute nightmare trying to get the cart to work...,All I want is to be able to display the products for a small store in a "catalogue only" format. The client is selling furniture and has no need for anything at all apart from the ability to display products, a few images and a price. I have added the categories that I want to use, added a couple of products to the categories, and set up a link in the menu to link to a category list.

When I then try and click the menu link on the front end to look at the products, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/********/public_html/components/com_hikashop/views/category/tmpl/listing.php on line 102

I notice that other people are having similar issues and that they have been resolved by altering something to do with "characteristics" but I do not have any characteristics or other information entered...All I have are length, width and height specs, a price, a short description and some images. I created a php.ini file with the following information and uploaded it to the root folder of my Joomla installation:

register_globals = Off
upload_max_filesize = 50M
post_max_size = 30M
memory_limit = 250M
upload_tmp_dir = 100M
max_execution_time = 360

I am using:
Joomla! 2.5.6 Stable [ Ember ]
PHP version: 5.2.17
Apache web server
Database version 5.1.61-log

Site URL is: host.quksdns13.net/~pulpvint/

The client is getting very angry (following a disastrous attempt to use the ridiculously useless Virtuemart) and I would really appreciate it if somebody could please help me get this store working!

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

S

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by stratweb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 9 months ago #56486

Hi,

The error says that you don't have enough memory and it stops at 50MB.
You said that you set a memory_limit of 250M. But since it's stopping at 50MB, your php settings are apparently not done properly.

It could come from the images. If they are too big, HikaShop would use a lot of memory to resize them and 50MB might not be enough. So you should try with smaller images.

Also it could be because of the way you configured your listing menu.
Did you follow the step by step tutorial explaining how to create menus ?
If not, you should:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#categories_menu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds