Problem: Minimum Number of Products Coupon

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 9 months ago #56711

I hate to call this a bug because I'm new to Hikashop and possibly set something wrong.

I'm trying to use the "Minimum Number of Products" coupon to automatically apply a 10%-off coupon called "Case Discount" when the customer purchases at least 12 bottles of wine of any kind. Here is how I have the coupon page set up:

But the coupon starts to automatically apply when the total number of products in the cart reaches 6, not 12. Here's a picture of the cart with 6 bottles of wine, showing the "Case Discount" coupon:

This is the only discount or coupon that is currently set up, and there are no other quantity prices set up yet.

Did I set something wrong, or is this a bug?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 9 months ago #56712

There are additional problems. When I processed this order, here is the email it sent:

SUMMARY OF YOUR ORDER

Name Code Unit price Qty Total

2007 Wyncroft Chardonnay, Avonlea Vineyard WCH07AV $35.00 6 $210.00

Coupon : $-8.40
Shipping method : $22.10
TOTAL without VAT : $211.10
TOTAL with VAT : $223.70

Billing address
Mr Test Dummy

123 Main Street
Brighton Michigan 48116
United States of America
Telephone: 8105551212

All the amounts are different than the original order page: the coupon amount, the shipping amount, and the total order amount. (And there should not even be a coupon applied to this order.)

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 9 months ago #56749

Hi,

Could you make sure that you're using the latest version of HikaShop.

We cannot reproduce any of these problems on our end.
How did you configure your product ?
Could you do some screenshots of that ?

Could you try an new order again?
Some of the data is cached in the user session, so if you have an auto loaded coupon apply to a cart, and then you change the coupon options, the new options won't be taken into account in the cart unless you logout/login. So it might be possible to get such strange results if you did that.

11 years 9 months ago #56788

Solved. I was confused by the help instructions on how to configure the discount. (I am using 1.5.8)

I wanted the discount to work with any product category. If you click the Category edit icon on this page, what showed in the box were the choices of "product category, taxation category, order status, manufacturer". Since I want the discount to work for any product category, I selected Product Category. (In the picture, on the Restrictions column you can see that this says "2 Product Category" -- rather than a specific category of products.)

What I have changed is not select any category at all. So this item now says "0 Category not found". And the coupon is working fine. This seems to have fixed all the problems.

You may want to say in the Help file that you need to select one category of products -- not the general "product category".

I am having just one other problem, but I will post this in the Help forum. Thanks for making Hikashop a great product.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 9 months ago #56821

Thank you for your feedback.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds