Export and Import Products on HikaShop Business.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
11 years 9 months ago #57141

I have a fresh install of Joomla 2.5 and HikaShop 1.5.8

I am trying to export all my products from my old site to my new site.
The old site also uses Joomla 2.5 and HikaShop 1.5.8

On my old site, I logged into joomla, went to Components > HikaShop > Products and on the toolbar I clicked export.
After clicking on export, I was prompted to save a file and saved that file to my computer.

I then logged into joomla on my new site, went to Components > HikaShop > Products > Import.
On the import options I ticked "import products from CSV" then clicked "browse" and chose the CSV file I just exported and left all other options to their defailt state.
Then on the toolbar I clicked import and I got this message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Went to my cPanel and checked the error logs and this it was it says:

[Wed Jul 11 15:06:22 2012] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/awards8/public_html/500.shtml, referer: awards4u.ca/administrator/index.php?opti...trl=import&task=show

I have more that 100 products, so I tried saving exporting another CSV file with just a single category and also tried doing it with a single product, same thing happens, still give me the 500 internal error.

Can someone please help. I need to get my products to my other site.
Please give me step by step details on how to export and import my products.

I have attached the CSV files that I exported. ( single product, 1 category of products, all products and categories )

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Awards4u.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 9 months ago #57194

Hi Awards4u,

The problem come certainly from your export, because your csv files are not well formatted.
Do you just click on "Export" in HikaShop > Products > Products ?

Maybe you can try to update HikaShop on your old site to resolve this problem ?

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 9 months ago #57215

In your old website, change the option "menu position" to "under the title" in the configuration and export the CSV again.
There is a problem in the current version with that and it adds the menu HTML code at the top of the CSV file if that "menu position" option is not the default value.

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds