Checkout WITHOUT the new registration confirmation

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #62504

We are trying to set up the shopping cart so that when new users register for the first time they dont have to confirm their registration through email. This takes SOOOO long and we will never get any sales this way. No one will wait for a confirmation email. There must be some way to bypass this. I mean the system can still store and save the new user's info but no need for user confirmation if they are purchasing. Can you help with this.

Thanks so much for any help here!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 8 months ago #62556

Hi concort,

HikaShop use the Joomla registration, so you just have to go in Joomla > User Manager, click on "options" in the toolbar and then select "none" for the option "New User Account Activation"

11 years 7 months ago #62573

Thank you...however if I do this option than that will keep the user from registering. In other words, when user goes to check out in his shopping cart there is option to register there if new user. So we want the user to still be able to register but WITHOUT waiting for that email confirmation. Still we want the shopping cart order to go through immediately with the new registration but with no email confirmation. We must eliminate that feature since it takes so long for email confirmation to come. Can you provide some help with that?

To be real clear...I must have the new user registration because that is the only way new users can check out through hikashop so I dont want to shut that down...Only I want to eliminate the email confirmation that makes the customer WAIT to purchase. That is delay in checkout that will drive customers away.

Thanks so much!

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by concort.

11 years 7 months ago #62585

With this option the user will be registered right away, no confirmation mail, but a registration will be required.

In the users options you can read the tooltip when you put your mouse over the "New User Account Activation" text.

The following user(s) said Thank You: concort

11 years 7 months ago #62594

That did it..Thanks! I think all is working ok now.

11 years 7 months ago #62624

One other question...Now that I changed that email notification, after I made a purchase as the customer, I did not get an email receipt now notifying me of my purchase. Is this because I changed the new user account activation? Why would I not get the email receipt after purchase?

Thank you!

11 years 7 months ago #62638

The notification mails are not related with the joomla account activation, you should receive the email.

Maybe the problem come from your mail provider, or your mail configuration.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds