Slow checkout speed

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #62681

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here is having horrible checkout speed? I have the paypal, google checkout, and bank option allowed on my site. When I try to process a payment on my site, it takes up to 5 min to process the payment. At first I thought it was paypal's and google's problem but this problem occurs even for the manual bank transfer option. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13083
11 years 8 months ago #62701

At the end of the checkout, HikaShop gives to your email server two emails, the order creation notification and the order admin notification.
The email server can sometimes take a lot of time to process the emails. Especially if you use the invoice PDF plugin which can attach the PDF invoice to the email.
The process at the end of the checkout shouldn't take more than 10 seconds.
If you use the Business edition, you can go in the menu System->Emails of HikaShop and turn off all the emails. Then, if it works normally and process rapidly the pages, it indeed means that it comes from the email sending process and I encourage you to contact your hosting company so that they can give your the most appropriate settings for the email sending settings of your joomla configuration.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #63325

Hey Nicolas,

I'm on the business edition but I'm having trouble finding the proper location to turn off the email order notification. Is it possible for you to provide some specific instructions?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it!

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by JohnGalt007.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds