Purpose of Unpublish in Variants Page

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #63176

Hi

I working on a Product I created, a Shirt, and am in the Manage Variants section of a product I created.

I see the list of Variants. In this case an assortment of colors. Let's say the published list is red, blue, green and purple.

I would like to publish only those Variants that apply to the particular Shirts. I only have red, so I unpublish blue, green and purple. And save the product.

However in the front end, all of the colors still show.

The only way, it seems, is to Delete the variants, instead of Unpublish the variants.

I like the concept of Unpublishing a variant (rather than deleting it) so that in the future, when it may become available it can simply be Published.

Please clarify.

By the way, I am enjoying working with Hikashop. It seems very user friendly for the Administrator. I have some feature suggestions, but I will wait until I use the Extension some more.

Thanks

Rowby

Last edit: 11 years 7 months ago by rowby.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 7 months ago #63454

Hi,

The unpublishing removes the add to cart button so that the users can't buy that variant.
You indeed have to delete the variant if you don't want to have it displayed.

11 years 7 months ago #64201

Hi

Thanks. That's clears it up. Still I would like a way to disable an item without having to delete it -- to make it easier to add it back to the drop down once a product becomes available again.

Or perhaps there is another way to disable a specific item in a drop down -- I will look at the drop down settings.... Perhaps limited to quantities.... I will look at the component settings and the docs.

Thanks!

Rowby

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Style
11 years 7 months ago #67634

Hello there

I just had the same problem in my shop. Unfortunately, I have variants that are very rich filled with information (Description, Images, Files, additional custom attributes). And sometimes, they shall be disabled, so that the customer cannot see them.

Okay, deleting such a variant is an option, but not a really good one especially if the variant is rich of information :(

I would like to add this analog if I unpublish a product.

:(

Best regards, Mike

11 years 7 months ago #67670

I agree. There should be a way to unpublish rather than only delete.

Regards.

RoWbY

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 6 months ago #67895

We'll look at adding an option for that in the future.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rowby, mike

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds