Joomla Cache

• Thank you received: 12
11 years 8 months ago #66166

Hi all,

Joomla 1.7.5
HS 1.5.7

I am having a weird problem and wondering if anyone has seen what I am seeing.

I have tested and tested and all the machines and browsers I have used work fine.

But I am getting reports - not many, but enough - where users add items to the cart and then when they click on the minicart link to view the cart, it shows empty.

So I thought maybe caching - checked and the plugin is turned off. Global config is also turned off. I have the cache time to zero now, even though I wouldn't have thought that would even be looked at if the setting is set to no cache.

Got a couple of people who were seeing this behaviour to try again and the problem seems to have gone away for them, but I am concerned it is still lurking out there.

The front end template is from Artisteer, and there are no cache options in there.

So my question is, is there anything else I can check and look at. As I said, I personally have been unable to replicate.

Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #66201

I may have tracked this a little further.

Behaviour is slightly different when going in under <domainname>.com compared to www.<domainname>.com. Sometimes, maybe lol.

11 years 8 months ago #66286

Gonna do a mod_rewrite and see if that helps.

Never had a site that needed such dynamic changes.

Hoping that will help.

Right track?

Tony

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 7 months ago #66468

Caching could indeed be the issue.
Otherwise, if you're using shared SSL, that could also happen because the user session is not always shared across the SSL and non SSL versions of the website (it depends how the shared SSL is configured by your hosting).
In such case, changing the session handler of the joomla configuration can sometimes fix the problem. So it could be worth a try even if you don't use SSL.

11 years 7 months ago #66766

I set up a mod_rewrite to always redirect xxx.com to www.xxx.com and that seems to have done the trick. Also added a the www subdomain as a ServerAlias.

Seems to have fixed the issue. I of course should have done to begin with but hey ho!

Tony

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds