Does HikaShop integrate with Microsoft RMS?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #67185

I have a client that uses Microsoft rms for their POS and inventory control. They are ready to take their business online and need a shopping cart that integrates with Joomla and Microsoft RMS.

Is there a way for HikaShop to update the inventory that RMS uses?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
11 years 7 months ago #67196

There is no integration between RMS and HikaShop so far.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #67201

Thank you Nicolas.

I've had trouble finding any Joomla enabled cart that does talk with RMS. It's a shame as there are so many stores that use RMS for their POS. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to ask a client to change their POS when I'm trying to sell them on a shopping cart.

It seems this would be a very beneficial enhancement to HikaShop. Especially as they would be the ONLY Joomla cart offering this feature. In my research for this client, I've seen so many posts requesting POS integration. There's a market out there for this integration.

In short, if HikaShop had RMS integration I could sell it over and over.

• Thank you received: 13075
11 years 7 months ago #67285

Yes, that would be great.
There is a lot of work to provide a good integration with RMS or other POS systems.
I would recommend that you contact someone specializing in RMS integrations as we don't have the knowledge on our end regarding RMS to pull that off.
For example, Kosmo Central seems to have a pretty advanced POS integration for X-cart and which can be ported to other shopping cart:
www.kosmoscentral.com/
www.ubercart.org/forum/support/9869/microsoft_rms_integration

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds