Hikashop Characteristic

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 7 months ago #68736

My client wants checkbox for characteristic value.i change the html radio to checkbox but still it is working as radio button.i saw the javascript but i don'nt know where nd what should i change for that.please help me out this is very urgent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13085
11 years 7 months ago #68887

Hi,

You won't be able to change the characteristics radios into checkboxes. It's not technically possible.
The characteristic/variant concept can't work as multiple selection.

I would recommend instead to create a custom field of the table "item" (business edition) and of the type "checkbox".
The drawback in using custom fields instead of characteristics is that you can have different prices/quantities for different variants of the same product but if you don't need that, then the custom fields are exactly what you need.

11 years 6 months ago #69090

Thanks for the replay ..in my project we are provide on-line training to the customer for that we have different type of purchase formate ..like one dial,combo pack etc.i want check box where customer can buy more than one purches formate and the price can be added to their curt.if custom fields can do that i am ready to take hikashop business edition.plz help me out.

11 years 6 months ago #69222

So you can't change the price based on custom fields by default in HikaShop.
For that, you will have to create a quantity price calculation override which will change the price of the product in the cart based on the values selected in the custom field of your item.

So that's possible but it require a bit of development.
You can find more information on that here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tation.html#override
And an example on our demo website:
demo.hikashop.com/index.php?option=com_h...show&cid=214&lang=en

11 years 6 months ago #69241

:( Thanks for your reply ....but how can i create quantity price calculation override any clue will be helpful for me..

11 years 6 months ago #69409

In my previous post I gave you a link to the developer documentation with a section for that override and I also gave you a link to a product page using a plugin which also contains a link to download that plugin and look at the code.
Just create a similar plugin and change a bit the code there to handle your custom field and the calculations you want.
If you don't know programming, I'm afraid that you'll have to hire a developer to help you.

11 years 6 months ago #69420

Thanks for your reply nicolas. Actualy i overlook the plugins link..now i downloaded it nd see the code. thanks for ur help..

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds