payment method disapper with currency Switcher

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #68803

Hi there,
After I enabled the currency switcher, I noticed that in check out page , and If I switch the currency to different to the default one , one method of payment disappear.

For example: I have paypal method and Bank Transfer method.
When I switch the currency from CAD to SR using hikashop currency switcher in checkout page , the paypal payment method disappear while bank transfer still there.
Is there a way that I can keep booth payment method when I use hikashop currency switcher.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 6 months ago #68948

Hi,

SR (SAR Saudi Arabian Riyal ) is not supported by PayPal:

cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-c...i_nvp_currency_codes

That's why it's hidden automatically.

11 years 6 months ago #68997

Thanks nicolas for your response :) , I understand that SR currency is not supported by paypal :( . However, The default currency is CAD, and what I meant is that is there is a way that I can only configure SR currency to be appear on the front end, and when a customer chose a paypal method in the checkout, and then click next it will take him/her to paypal website with SR currency converted to CAD the accepted currency in the background.
I have seen this with different websites as a solution to power the payment methods, and I'm wondering if I can do this with Hikashop.
Thanks
:)

11 years 6 months ago #69020

Yes, you need to leave the SR currency unpublished but the "displayed" option of the currency turned on.
That way, the user will be able to see the prices in SR and they will see the CAD currency during the checkout with a message telling them that the payment will be in CAD and not in SR.

11 years 6 months ago #69136

Thanks nicolas.
I will try it. :)

11 years 6 months ago #69767

Hi Nicolas,
I was able to get paypal methods shwoing in the checkout page , but when I chose paypal method and click "Next", it does not convert
the SAR Currency to CAD. it shows the same SAR amount in CAD ? :blush:
So, I'm wondering if you guys could help me in this, or is there a simple way to make the SAR currency converted after the user click "next" button.
pls see attached file.
Thanks again :)

Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #69903

You just have to make sure that the SAR currency has the conversion rate setup via the menu System->Currencies.
By default, all the currencies have a rate of 1.
We can't set a rate by default since it changes everyday.

11 years 6 months ago #69911

Thanks Nicolas for your quick response :)
I set the rate as you said, but it still takes the same SAR amount in the checkout page to paypal in USD after clicking "Next" without conversion. :blink:

Here is my configuration :
Only SAR currency is published and displayed , no other currency.

Main currency: SAR
Products price : SAR
Please see attached files.

Attachments:

11 years 6 months ago #69920

Your main currency shouldn't be SAR but EUR or USD.

11 years 6 months ago #70140

Thanks Nicolas,

I have changed the default currency and also tried several thing, and I have conclude that the currency conversion process takes a place only during the checkout process ( I mean when the user hit the "End" Button after adding an item on the shopping cart), it redirects him/her to checkout page with converted currency and a message saying that "the currency you chose is not accepted currency, it will be converted to USD ).However, that's not what I am pointing to.What I am looking for if it is possible to have the conversion step done after the user leaving checkout page when he/she click next to be redirected to paypal. :)
regards,
power_man

11 years 6 months ago #70271

No there is no option for that.
That would require to change each payment plugin so that it could convert the total amount before giving it to the payment platform. The problem you would have is that the payment notification couldn't be confirmed as the total on the payment gateway would be different than the total on our website. So that would have to be stored in the order information and the verification of the payment notification handling should also be changed to use that information.
So it's possible to customize a payment plugin to do that if you're a developer.

11 years 6 months ago #70299

I see , i always like to avoid customization , and love to live with standardization. Howevre, I could live with bank transfer option for right now.

Thanks Nicolas

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds