Dual URL entry points

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #70009

Hi, I run Hikashop Business on my site and for the most part I am pretty pleased. However, I am having issues with menu's causing duplicates of URLs and would really like to resolve it, so I will explain it as clearly as I can.

My site is notascratch.com . My problem is that all Hikashop product and category URLS are being duplicated, dependent on which menu link was used to get there.

For example;

Path 1: From the index page you can see my main menu along the top, with a link for CUSTOM CASES. Clicking this moves the user to notascratch.com/custom-cases . Then, clicking the 'Photo engraved iPhone cases' link leads the user to notascratch.com/custom-cases/category/26...ngraved-iphone-cases .

Path 2: From the index page again, click the drop-down menu item PHOTO ENGRAVED - a sub-menu of CUSTOM CASES. This skips a step and leads the user directly to notascratch.com/custom-cases/photo-engraved .

The two URLs are not identical.

I want to remove path 1 and its long URL's, and only use path 2. Note that this example is true of every item in my shop.

Please help,
Luke

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by lukehold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
11 years 6 months ago #70161

Hi,

Here is more information on that issue:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/53780...que-product-url.html

11 years 6 months ago #70191

Hi Nicholas,

Sadly that isn't working for me. That module redirects single pages as far as I can tell and I need whole directories. I'm stumped.

11 years 6 months ago #70283

Okay, it was my error. I talked to someone over at ReDJ and they talked me through it. All working now.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds