Multiple Coupons

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 8 months ago #168756

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.3
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Applying two coupons

I currently have coupons applied so as to achieve multi-buy discounts. What I am wanting to do is to give the shopper the ability to apply an extra one-off discount to this discounted amount.

I have created a coupon that can be used only once but as the coupon for the standard discount is already applied, there is no place to add the second one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
9 years 8 months ago #168810

Hi,

HikaShop does not have a "multi-coupon" feature, it's in our TODO list and we are still looking at the best way to add it.
But having a multi-coupon include a lot of new things like the exclusion between coupon (you might be able to use two coupons in the same time, but maybe not ; some rules should be defined).

So, it is possible to have several discounts but regarding the coupon, you can just add one per order.
But HikaShop have an integration with AwoCoupon, component specialized in coupons/discounts which also handle multiple-coupon.
awodev.com/products

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #225494

Hello,

Any progress on the multi-coupon option?

8 years 3 months ago #225521

Hi,

The multi-coupon feature have a lot of requirements which are some "must have" if we want to be able to implement it.
Some of these requirements are currently under development for HikaShop 3 ; but some will be still missing and will still need some time and a lot of development.
Multi-coupon is really really complicated, specially when you need to manage "dependencies".

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
8 years 3 months ago #227747

I'd like a multi coupon feature please.

And/Or more advanced discounts, i.e. ones that can be applied to the cart rather than the products.

Thanks.

8 years 2 months ago #227751

Hi,

It is already possible to have coupon applied to the cart.
If you want advanced coupon feature ; please check AWOcoupon.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

8 years 2 months ago #229076

I don't know what to think of the fact that you sent me to other devs who made the same extension as you did only better on this aspect.

Part of the reason to choose for Hikashop is that you make it look like it is all under one Hikashop hood.
hikashop.com/extensions/compare-versions.html
Of course I prefer as less other communication contacts and extension developers as possible. Else virtuemart could be a free alternative.

I see the first request for this function in 2 years and 5 month ago so why not realize this, in spite of the fact that it is complicated.
hikashop.com/forum/discount-coupon/86127...ultiple-coupons.html
It seems to be a customers need and if AWOdev can manage why can't the Hikashop devs themselves?

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 2 months ago #229437

Hi,

They don't make the same extension. AWO Coupon is a coupon extension which can replace the coupon area of HikaShop (or other ecommerce extensions). As it specializes in that area, it can focus in supporting more things in that area.

It's like using K2 to have an advanced CKK instead of using the categories and articles in Joomla (whih is a simplified CKK). Joomla is also working towards a more complete CKK built in Joomla by default, but it's a complex thing to do properly and thus CCK extensions are still useful for a lot of things. And you can't realistically ask the Joomla developers to include a CCK, an ecommerce solution, a forum, etc by defautl in Joomla. Extensions are there so that if you need something more advanced in one area you can do it, while most of the people won't need it.

Hikashop has a lot of things included in it yes, but unfortunately, we're doing our best with what we have and can't do everything. Since there is already another extension which integrates with HikaShop to do that, it's not a priority for us and we prefer to focus on other areas that AWOdev cannot do at all.

Also, as Jerome said last month, we're working towards having a multiple coupon support in HikaShop in the future. Next version of HikaShop will include a brand new checkout system which will greatly facilitate the development of that multi coupon support.
There was no reason for us to develop a multi coupon feature for us last year since we were already working on a new checkout system and the multi coupon system would have had to be redone anyway for the new system. So we waited in order to optimize our time.

Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by nicolas.

8 years 1 month ago #233394

Hello Nicolas,

Thanks for your reaction. Let there be no mistake about the great work you are doing.

On the other hand you are selling HS like a shop which got it all and HikaSerial is right in the same menu as the different HS versions itself.
From a customer/user point of view it would be better if this was more clear....(aiming at your priority and k2 Joomla example) now I have bought HS serial put my time in it have some coupons and now I have to do it all over again and have a extra communication line with a other DEV. In 2016 coupons are all over the place and are normal online buying behavior, who would expect that a shopping cart can not handle more than 1 coupon...

In the future list mention AWO for multi coupon would be fair.

Please save your time for other things then replying, this is just a note about a gap in expectation. I am looking forward to your new system.

8 years 1 month ago #233407

Hi,

I still feel obliged to reply because I don't share your point of view and I believe that most people don't. So I just want to explain why it's like that, because there are reasons (like I started to explain in my previous message).
Coupons are all over the place since long ago. But in the 15 years I've been using Internet, not even once have I used several coupons when purchasing something online, even though I purchase a lot of stuff online, and use coupons now and then. And a lot of shopping carts don't support that by default, or at all. So I don't see how someone can expect that a shopping cart software would normally support that by default if not mentioned (and we don't mention that we do). In fact, when I developed HikaShop, I didn't even thought that multiple coupons would be needed at all, and thus the system wasn't made to support it easily in the future, which is why it's not done already.
And each time someone asked us, we always answered that it's not yet possible and that you can use AWOCoupon for that. To continue with the analogy, Joomla doesn't mention all the features it doesn't have, only the ones it has, and like us, it has a place which lists third party extensions for extra features.

Of course, I thank you for your feedback. It's always valuable to hear what others have to say.

8 years 1 month ago #233449

Hello Nicolas,

Your point of view is and was completely clear to me and this is why HS en HikaSerial is what it is and why it does or doesn't do certain things...

On my website HikaSerial makes it possible to sell (gift)(birth)certificates. If somebody buys them and uses a combination of amounts to fill up their budget they receive more then one coupon code. Also it happens that more people buy gift certificates for somebodies birthday, so the birthday guy/girl ends up having more than one coupon code. On valentine I had a general 10% discount coupon published on my site and newsletter.

I received e-mails and phone calls that they couldn't use their certificates/coupons....

Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by yepyep.

8 years 1 month ago #233452

Hi,

Yes, I see where you're coming from. Thanks again for the feedback.

• Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
1 year 10 months ago #342198

Is there any updates on this?

Being able to redeem multiple gift certificates seems like a bare bones essential part of any coupon/gift certificate offering.

1 year 10 months ago #342260

Hi,

For anyone reading this, here is the follow up on this discussion:
www.hikashop.com/forum/discount-coupon/9...checkout.html#342232

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds