Redeem multiple gift vouchers at checkout

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikaserial Standard Hikashop Business
1 year 10 months ago #342232

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 4.1.4

Is this possible?

At the moment my checkout is only able to redeem one gift voucher per transaction.

I saw another post about this that was about 6 years old where tech support said they couldn't see the validity of allowing multiple coupon redemption at checkout. They obviously don't receive many gift vouchers...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 10 months ago #342235

Hi,

By default HikaShop's checkout doesn't support multiple coupons.
However, with the integration of AWO-Coupon you can have that support:
awodev.com/products/joomla/awocoupon

1 year 10 months ago #342241

This is extremely frustrating news to only find this out after countless hours of getting 'the voucher' system configured and working to only find out it's not actually a suitable application for selling gift vouchers in the real world.

Not to mention the hidden cost.

How does this work with Hikashop?

Is any of my work salvagable?

More information please

1 year 10 months ago #342247

Hi,

I don't think that AWO Coupon is compatible with HikaSerial if you're generating coupons from vouchers generated with HikaSerial.
AWO Coupon has its own "Gift Certificate" from what I can see.

Another solution would be to add support for multiple coupon per order in HikaShop, but that opens a whole can of worms as the system wasn't made to support that in the first place. For example, if the "send order details" setting of the PayPal plugin is ativated, it will send the amount of the coupon being used to PayPal. With several coupons, it would require adapting the code of the payment plugin to properly interact with PayPal. So it's not just about just adapting the checkout view to allow the customer to add several coupons and properly add them to the cart. It has far-reaching implications from payment plugins to reports, exports, mass actions, invoices, emails, etc.

So I'm afraid I don't see an easy solution if you need multiple coupons during the checkout besides using AWO Coupon and not using HikaSerial.

1 year 10 months ago #342253

Still confused and rather annoyed...

I've spent at least two full working days on getting the gift vouchers to function and now you're telling me they're not really gift vouchers at all?

When the vouchers are redeemed the value is deducted from the checkout total.

Why would the voucher/coupon amount then be sent to paypal? There seems no need for this at all? Why does the payment platform need to know about a discounted value prior to fulfilling a transaction?

What am I missing here?

With regard to AWO.

I can't tell how the plugin will work until it is purchased.
What if it doesn't work as I'd expect?
The developer sent me two links to demo sites featuring the plugin - neither of the links worked...
How gift vouchers work everywhere else...

Johhny has an amazon account. It is his birthday next week.
Johhnies mum buys him a £50 Amazon voucher.
Johnnies mate bob buys him a £5 Amazon voucher.
And his girlfriend buys hime a £25 Voucher.

Johnny wants a new pair of trainers that are £90 on Amazon. He adds all three vouchers at the amazon checkout and now only has to pay the outstanding amount of £10 - which he does.

Johnny goes to his birthday dinner and thanks everyone for their vouchers.

How gift vouchers don't work.

Johhny receives three Amazon gift vouchers for his birthday.
Johhny wants some new trainers that are £90 on Amazon.
Johhny has to choose which of his vouchers he will put toward the purchase.
Johnny realises that he only has £50 in the bank and that the largest voucher of £25 won't help him. If only he could use all three vouchers at the same time.
Johhny goes to dinner fed up and tells everyone how useless Amazon is...

The two main reason was reasons I opted to use Hikashop Business - the ability to sell gift vouchers as well as custom follow up emails per product. From what you are telling me it is not possible to sell vouchers that can be used properly - just rehashed single use coupons. Your demo website is misleading - see attached

Attachments:

1 year 10 months ago #342254

I just checked the paypal plugin and I don't even have 'send the order details' option turned on...

So there is no can of worms?

1 year 10 months ago #342257

Hi,

Supporting a new feature in HikaShop means that all the bits that are connected to it need to support it.
So even if you don't use the "send the order details" option, it doesn't mean that someone else won't.
If we kept adding features without properly supporting them everywhere they are linked to, HikaShop would break everywhere after a while.
An alternative would be to develop a custom plugin for you only to support multiple coupons. That could be done for a few hundred euros. But that plugin wouldn't be connected with the normal coupon subsystem in the checkout/cart/order system. That way, it would avoid the need to modify all the different pieces of HikaShop linked to the coupon system. But then, for someone who need them, they wouldn't be able to use it: the "auto load" system of coupons wouldn't work with it, the many restrictions of coupons wouldn't work with it, the exports/reports wouldn't include the data of the coupons used. If that's something you're ok with, we could work on that for you.

I understand you're frustrated that you can't do what you thought you could. However, even if I told you we would work tomorrow on adding the multiple coupon checkout capability in HikaShop, knowing how complex it is to add, it would take months before anything is out.
That's why I recommended AWO Coupon because you should be able to implement what you want in a matter of days while keeping costs down as much as possible. Now I can't say anything about the wrong links AwoCoupon's support gave you.

1 year 10 months ago #342320

Hi,

After writing to you and thinking about it for a while, I've got an idea on how to do it via the development of a plugin. I've been working on the plugin yesterday and today and I think I'm close to a solution which will be compatible with HikaShop's coupon system while being smooth for the user albeit a few limitations.
We'll be selling it on the marketplace. That will be cheaper than a custom development, will avoid redoing everything with AWOCoupon and it will also help others in need of that capability.
Stay tuned.

1 year 9 months ago #343061

Hi,

For anyone reading this, there is now a multiple coupon plugin for HikaShop available here:
www.hikashop.com/marketplace/product/164...coupon-checkout.html

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds