Add to Cart Button not working

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 10 months ago #52718

No sure why but a product I am trying to add to cart is not adding to cart. It seems to be something to do with characteristics as this product is the only one so far that I have added variants to.

Link to test site here: www.ecomad.com.au/ecomadBamboo/index.php...uct_id=53&Itemid=330 . Its the product showing with Choose Options

I have added characteristic and values then gone to the product and added the characteristic then gone into Manage Variants and the values are all showing and published? The variants are only colour changes - there is no additional pricing. So the drop down list is working fine but nothing is adding. Have I missed something here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 10 months ago #52724

Yes.. I have just upgraded locally to starter 1.5.8, on xampp.
All other products add to cart o.k. EXCEPT the ones with variants...
This is all I have checked so far
rgds
emmdee
p.s.
Nicholas if we are not going to use vote or any other new bits
is there any point in upgrading and messing with style sheets again?
Or is this a security upgrade as well?

11 years 10 months ago #52727

I just upgraded to essentials as I need the functionality and still get the same problem with variants with that version. And the variants and options are really confusing. Checked out the documenation but still doesn't make much sense to me.

EDIT: Disappointed - other than one or two extra features which are "Nice to Haves" in the Essential versions for my particular site, the main reason for my upgrade was to include options and the other thing I would have thought would be in it would be ability to copy products. Requires an upgrade to the business version which is not worth it in my particular situation. Used the product feature comparison and it doesn't mention copy products - might be worth putting on. Be nice to choose those items one would require for an upgrade but that might be too hard.

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Huski.

11 years 10 months ago #52728

Yes Huski
It seems we'll have to wait for Nicholas on this one
Cheers
emmdee

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #52845

Hi,

When I add that product to the cart on your website, I get the error:
Limit reached. You can't add the product:
So there must be something in your configuration/products/variants restricting the system to not allow that product to be added. We would need to look at your configuration on your back end in order to tell you what's wrong.
If you have a bug one one edition, upgrading to another won't change anything.

You don't need to update to new versions unless we say that there is a security fix in them which hasn't been the case for 1year and a half so far.

11 years 10 months ago #52871

Thanks Nicholas
On Huskis site the error 'Limit Reached' comes up.
However on my local site I don't get the error. The popup opens,
says its added to the cart, closes but the cart is still empty.
I am contributing to this thread out of interest. As you say if
there is no security upgrade then theres no need to upgrade, but it
does seem there is a problem with 1.5.8 and variants.
joomla 2.5.4 on xampp
regards
emmdee

11 years 10 months ago #52882

Hi Nicolas
Not really sure if I have got it right.
The main product page is looks fine for this product: www.ecomad.com.au/ecomadBamboo/shop-cate.../product/cid-53.html
The user needs to be able to select their colour
Then they need to choose one of the options. In this case this product is drop shipped and options are the extra costs for delivery to different areas. (So no shipping method required for this product)

When I land on the page, without selecting a characteristic or option and just click on Add to Cart - I am getting the actual option Added as opposed to the product plus the option together.

I am unsure of where I might be going wrong as it all looks ok to me.

EDIT: Have sent login details via contact us form in case you need them

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Huski.

11 years 10 months ago #52887

I have deleted the charactertics on the option product to start afresh again. I can add the characteristic but as soon as I save the product or click on manage variants I get the error

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$product_group_after_purchase in /home/ecomadc/public_html/ecomadBamboo/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php on line 540

11 years 10 months ago #52889

I seem to have got it working now. Still get the error occasionally. I had to make sure the main product had minimum quantity to order set to 1, and had to set each characteristic/option to minimum 1 as well

So all good - the cart module doesn't look good as the entire product name is sooooo long - should be able to shorten this with some ... at the end like in other shops or better still show a small thumbnail pic of the product instead of the name.

In the checkout I am also getting each option chosen listed correctly - shows main option name plus the extra cost as in Add worms to order ( + $ 45.00 )
but would look a lot better if the actual characteristic was added as well to give it meaning
like Add worms to order: 2000 Compost Worms ( + $ 45.00 )

Thanks

11 years 10 months ago #52911

The options are working and adding up with the values but the products with just variants are not carrying the variant across to the shopping cart or checkout cart screen.

11 years 10 months ago #52913

Hi Nicholas
I will unsubscribe from this discourse
because I found that the variants I had set
(before update minimum quantity per order of 1) had been set to minimum quantity per order 0(after update).
After changing minimum quantity per order back to 1, the 'add to cart' works
perfectly.
Regards
emmdee

11 years 10 months ago #53005

Hi,

For the variant name not in the cart, you just have to turn on the option "append characteristics values to product name" in the configuration of HikaShop.

11 years 10 months ago #53032

A couple of things here:

Had append characteristics turned off so variants all showing now in the checkout and also in the cart (I don't like the look of them in the cart - makes the cart module to cluttered).

If you go here: www.ecomad.com.au/ecomadBamboo/shop-cate...press-pine-kits.html
Both the products that are showing both have options but the button is showing Add to Cart and Not Choose Options as I think it should.
So you click on the Add to Cart button and it adds the product to the cart, but if you click on the product name in the cart and go to the product you will see the options which you can select and add to cart correctly. No idea why it is doing this? Actually it is adding the variant cost seperately in the cart to the main product.

11 years 10 months ago #53138

Regarding the display of the variants in the cart, you can style that with CSS. There is a span with a class around the variant text.

Regarding the add to cart button:
Yes, that's indeed the case and it's how it's done. Having options doesn't necessarily means that you can't buy the product without the options... They are options, so they are optional...
If you want to force your users to select the options, remove the add to cart buttons on the listing and he will have to go in the product page to select the options.

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds