Variants not described when editing order

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #53481

Hikashop,
When editing and order and adding a product with variants and selecting 'all' the Variants are listed by their code, but without the description. When added to the order the description does not print.

Joomla 1.5 Hikashop 1.5.7

Thanks,
Paul

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by IP3. Reason: oops 1.5.7 not 1.5.8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #53548

In your variants, the name of the variant is empty. So the text of the product is empty too in the order.

When you add the variant from the front end, the main product name and the characteristics values are taken automatically. But that's not the case when you do it from the back end.

We'll add that to the todo list.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #53921

Nicolas,
Thank you for explaining that.

Another 'feature' I would like to request is the ability to publish and unpublish Characteristics/Variants.

The problem I have is that we list classes as a product. The same class (product) is offered in various cities and dates (characteristic). The option to choose which city and date as a variant is great.

The problem comes in when a city and date (variant) roll past on the calendar. I no longer want that variant to show in the option list, but I still want the past sales to record the correct city and date.

The only option I see at this point is to create false products indicating the old variant, and delete the Characteristic.

If I could simply unpublish the characteristic so that it no longer appeared as a variant on the product, yet was retained on the order history, I would be delighted :) .

How feasible is that?

Thanks again,
Paul

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 10 months ago #53997

Everything is feasible....as long as you code it :)

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds