Discount for specific producers

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #57624

Hey,

Under discount in Hikashop it's possible to choose a specific producers but is it's neccessary that under each producers the products have to be listed or can I just choose the producer and it points to the products that have the producers name inscribed?
Otherwise I have to inscribed the products two times, one under products and one under producers...(don't fell so logical)

/Micke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13072
11 years 9 months ago #57710

Hi,

What do you mean by "producers" ? You can only restrict a discount to one product or one category.
Can you explain more what you're talking about ?

11 years 9 months ago #57740

For an example:

We got a category Cars.
In Cars we got products like Ferrari F50, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Enzo, Porsche 911, Porsche 959.
For all this products there are Producers/Manufacturer, in the example Ferrari and Porsche.
And the producers name are typed in for each product.

In Hikashop I can set discount for Cars or a product(ex Ferrari F50).
But I would like to set discount for All the products that belong to just one producer, like Ferrari.
Then I those to set the discount I can those between the folders Products, Producers/Manufacturer,...
But the folder Producers/Manufacturer is empty and i thought It should have the names of the Producers/Manufacturer so then I choose one name in that folder it should set the discount for alla the products that belong to that Producer/Manufacturer.

/Micke

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 9 months ago #57807

Hi Micke_skane,

The best way to do that, is to create a category "Manufacturer" (in the product category) with all your manufacturers in it.
In the product configuration page, add the category of the manufacturer in addition to the other category.
For example the "Ferrari F50" will have the categories "Cars" & "Ferrari"

And create a discount on this manufacturer category, in your case "Ferrari"

11 years 9 months ago #57809

Hey,

I'll try your idea for what I want.
But why are there a folder named Manufacturer that I can reach from Discount-page?

EDT: After a litle test I've got a question, is it possible to have two reference for the discount?
Maybe I didn't understand what you mean, lock in to it tomorrow again!

/Micke

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Micke_skane.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 9 months ago #57812

This folder is just working like a custom field, with it we can display all the products of a manufacturer, filter by manufacturer, but we can't apply discounts on it.

For a discount only one reference is possible, in your case you will apply it only on "Ferrari".
But many products will be attached to the category "Ferrari".

11 years 9 months ago #57904

Ok, that means that I've got to go though over 4000 products to add a new categorie for each product.
Not so fun...

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds