Calculate multiple Manual shipping options?

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #57878

So far I love this shop but I have a shipping issue I'm trying to figure out.

Most of my products I determine shipping by weight. I have multiple options set depending on weight and it works great.

I have a few products that I need a set shipping cost on. I have set up the use price per product for these, works great.

All this works great till I add a weight based item and a fixed shipping cost item... it will only charge the fixed cost or the weight based cost. I need it to combine both costs for a total shipping price.

Example:

Item 1 (weight based) $3.00

Item 2 (Fixed shipping cost) $5.00

Shipping total should be $8.00

but it is only letting me charge either the $3.00 0r the $5.00 not both.

Am I missing a setting? or do I need to work around this some other way?

If I could add the shipping charge directly into the Item cost as an add-on where the Item price shows as $10.00 but then I can add the $5.00 as it goes into the cart for $15.00 that would work to. But I would perfer to use the shipping module if possible.

Any suggestions would be greeatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 9 months ago #57917

Hello,

You should enable the Use the prices per product Option and set a shipping price for each product then you'll be able to have a different shipping cost for each product.

Hope this will help you.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 9 months ago #57935

You can find more information about that option here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...form.html#additional

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #57967

I considered doing it that way however the problem with using the per product price for all items is that most of my items ship out of one location using weight for the shipping because we package multiple items together in one box, this allows us to save money and stay competitive. The fixed priced items either ship from a different location or have special packaging requirements. I really do need both systems.

This being said I will ultimateley stick with the weight based system if the cart can't calculate both systems at once, which I figured it can't. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a setting somewhere before I started working on a work around for the fixed shipping cost items.

Which brought me to wanting to know if there was a way I can show a base price in the store like for display in a the category section and then have an option or characteristic that I could use to force the additional shipping cost into the price once they add it to the cart. I have found a way to add it as an option (only works if they select it) but haven't figured out how to force the additional cost.

I hope all that makes sense. If you guys have any suggestions for forcing the extra cost as it is added to the cart I would appreciate it, otherwise I can figure something out. Thanks.

Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by debtfreearmy. Reason: spelling

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 9 months ago #58018

You can set a weight of 0 for your products with a fixed shipping fee, configure your shipping methods per weight with the shipping price per product option activated and you will have to set the shipping price of each 0 weight product for each of your shipping methods so that the system would first calculate the shipping fee based on the weight of the cart and then add the shipping price of the 0 weight products to it.

I think that it should work.

Regarding the addition of cost to product prices, you might be able to do it with negative price discounts attached to the products directly (you can hide/display the discounted price in listings and the product page).

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds