Showing Characteristics Drop down in Product listi

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #60891

Hello, for the product listing page (I am using joomla menu, and in the menu I am putting the Hikashop Content Module, to show all the products I have.
For each product I have different Characteristics, on the individual product page I have a drop down so the user can select which characteristic to add to cart.

I would like to know if its possible to show that Characteristic drop down for every product that is listed in the Content Module product listing? So the user can just pick the characteristic and add to cart directly from product listing page. Currently the product listing page just has a button saying "choose option", i want to show the drop down in stead, and add to cart.

Thank You in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 8 months ago #60971

Hi rockstaran,

This functionality is not yet available in HikaShop.
It imply many code modifications.

• Thank you received: 13078
11 years 8 months ago #61011

Note that if you don't need to handle different prices/stock/information per variants as characteristics allow you to do, you can use a custom field of the table "item" and the type "dropdown" on the products listing page instead of the characteristics dropdown.

11 years 8 months ago #61013

nicolas wrote: Note that if you don't need to handle different prices/stock/information per variants as characteristics allow you to do, you can use a custom field of the table "item" and the type "dropdown" on the products listing page instead of the characteristics dropdown.

Thank you for both responses,
I thought about the custom field but that will not work since I do need to handle different prices/stock/information. Have any suggestions programmatically to accomplish this?

What if I place:
<?php
$this->setLayout('show_block_charasteristic');
echo $this->loadTemplate();
?>
In the Product Listing page so for every time the dropdown will show up?
Then I would have to figure out how to add the AddToCart button for each product instead of Choose Options.

Which file can I add the above code in? is it the listing.php file? I am using the Content Module to display the product listing

11 years 8 months ago #61014

I found the file to edit, its listing_div.php
putting the code above did not produce the dropdown however, must be additional code that I need to grab from show_reversed.php. Any suggestions?

• Thank you received: 13078
11 years 8 months ago #61066

It's much more complex.
You will have to load all the characteristic/variant data of all the products of the listing in the listing function of the view.html.php file of the product view in order to have the same variant/characteristic data in each product, much like it's done for the show function.
If it was just a few lines of code, I would have given them to you but just of the show file, almost half of the several hundred lines of code for it is only there to handle variants... You will need even more code to properly handle that on listings. That's a big custom.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds