Variant image keeps showing

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #61395

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with product variants at frontpage, I've defined 10 variants for a single product, associating a different image to one of them (variant A), now, when I go to the product page and select that specific variant, its unique image appears, and thats fine, the problem occurs when I choose another variant (Variant B, C, D, ...) in the dropdown menu, the image of variant A keeps showing despite the selection that is made.

This problem doesn´t happen with information included in the description field of a unique variant, everything works fine with this feature, with all the displayed information changing depending on dropdown menu selections.

I sincerely don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong... :blink:

Any clue on this one?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 8 months ago #61481

Hi,

That's indeed a bug in the latest version of HikaShop.
Please replace the file components/com_hikashop/views/product/tmpl/show.php with the one in the archive below and it will fix the problem.

Attachments:

11 years 8 months ago #61557

Hi Nicolas,

I've changed the file like you said, but now only the image attributed to main product appears, even when I make the selection relative to variant A, and below I always get 8 images, it seem's that its one for each variant, 7 identical plus the one belonging to variant A.

Regards

11 years 8 months ago #61629

11 years 8 months ago #61666

Hi Nicolas,

Replaced the file for the one you've sugested, but the problem maintains :(
only the image attributed to main product appears, even making the selections relative to variant A, and below are always shown 8 images, one for each variant, 7 identical (main product image, since I have no image defined for this ones) plus the one belonging to variant A (the only one with a specific image).

Regards

11 years 8 months ago #61786

The file proposed by eliot in the link I gave you definitely fixes the problem. We were able to reproduce your issue on our end, and with the modifications of that file, the issue was solved.
So either you didn't do the modification properly (for example, if you didn't unzip the file before uploading it to the folder), or you had edited the "show" file of the view "product" via the menu Display->views before and thus your override takes on the default file so it would explain why you don't see the modifications in the default file. In that case you should also upload the show.php file in the folder templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/

11 years 8 months ago #61810

Hi,

I've always unzipped the folder, and uploaded the file "show.php", and didn't edited the file of the view product, since I don't have any php knowledge. Even tough, I gave a look to the folder templates/MY_TEMPLATE/html, and I don´t have any subfolder related with Hikashop.
I have installed my present template having Hikashop already installed, is it relevant?

If you want I can give you access to my cms and you can take a peek...

Thank you for being so helpfull

Regards

11 years 8 months ago #61942

Yes, if you could give a back end access via our contact form (specify the URL of this thread for reference) we could have a look.
www.hikashop.com/en/contact-us.html

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 8 months ago #62361

It seems your show_block_img.php wasn't update. I uploaded the last version and it's working fine.
If anyone is experiencing the same trouble, here is the file:

File Attachment:

File Name: show_block_img.zip
File Size:1 KB

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds