Don't know which edition to buy.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #62926

Hello, I would like to buy Hikashop to use on my Joomla 2.5 account in Catalog Mode. I have one question though before I dive in as i couldn't find it in this forum or any example in your demo site. I sell laptop computers and as you know, laptop needs to use multiple product description. (E.g Brand, Model, CPU, CPU Speed, Memory, HD, etc) The product description listed in the front-end should be static however (in all the examples I see, customers can choose from a drop-down box that will only work for customizable computers like desktop but it will not be helpful on my end).

I do not know if I'm explaining myself well as English is not my first language. Basically my question is will I be able to create a product description field in the Hikashop backend for example (CPU Speed: 1.5Ghz, 1.6Ghz, 1.7Ghz, 2.0Ghz) and when I create a product I can choose the proper CPU speed for that product and it will be displayed on the front-end but not a dropdown box but just a normal text?

I hope that you will be able to answer my question so that I can proceed with the order.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 8 months ago #62958

Hi there,

If I get your point I think you can for sure do what you want to do thanks to the custom fields. You can indeed create a custom field (type product) for your CPU speed with some specific values and display it in your backend for some categories.
Then, in the edition of the product, you will be able to select of or more values of this custom field (that you set before) to the product and this values will be displayed on the front end.
If you want to try it by yourself, do not hesitate to use the demo website. So you could check this feature and see if it fits your needs :).
By the way, custom fields are available for both Essential and Business.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #62979

Thanks Eliot for pointing me to the right direction. For some reason, I'm getting lost on how to implement the custom field in the demo site. I can't seem to understand the relationship of products and custom field. I was able to create a custom field but when I go to the product, I can't find the custom field I have created. I have used OS Commerce before and it seemed easier but I would like to learn. My products will have repeating specification and I would like to be able to enter the details easily. Imagine if I have a list of 100 computers with the following fields needed.

Brand Model CPU-Type CPU-Speed Memory Hard-disk Optical-Drive, Screen-Size Wifi(yes /no) Other Specs
Sony VGN-133 Intel Celeron 2.0 4GB 500GB DVDR 15.6" Yes Bluetooth, SD Card Reader
MSH GT70 Core i7 2.5 12GB 1.5TB DVDR 17.1 " Yes Bluetooth, SD Card Reader

• Thank you received: 403
11 years 8 months ago #62988

Here is the way to proceed:

-First, create a new custom field in Display>custom fields.
-Choose the "product" in the "Table" field
-Select for example checkbox as field type
-Add your values at the bottom
-Activate the "Front-end" option
-Select a category of product on which you want to apply the custom field
-Activate the option "inclue sub categories"

Then simply edit a product which is in the selected category and you should see at the bottom the new option you just configured. If you check of of the option, it will be displayed on the front end.
I hope it will help you :)

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds