Lots of Product Variations

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #63076

I have been through several shopping cart programs and none of them allow me to do what I need.
I purchased the Essentials version of HikaShop after reading the description because it looked like it would do what I needed.

I am trying to sell only 5 products. They are towels.

When customers choose a towel they need to pick from 9 towel colors, 9 stitch colors (I used Characteristics for these) and 65 text options.

I tried using Characteristics for the 65 text but found that I couldn't use that many different possibilities. I tried the custom fields but the product option can't be chosen by the shopper. I figured out that I could use the Options area and another product with characteristics that are the text I want on the towel. But when I add the order to the cart the towel and text are on separate lines. When I order another towel with a different text and color I end up with four items and no way to determine which text went with which towel.

I am looking for an order that comes out as: "Towel size, Towel Color, Stitch Color, Text, Number of Towels, Price"

Can HikaShop do what I am looking for?

Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13078
11 years 8 months ago #63327

Hi,

It sure can. However, as you saw, characteristic is not possible with so many possibilities. Options or custom fields are the way to go for that attribute of your products.

When you use options, make sure that the option "group options with product". You should then see the options grouped with the main products so that you would easily know which option is for which product.

Another solution is to use custom fields of the table "item". The custom fields of the table "product" allow you to enter information for a product so that users can see it on the product page. The custom fields of the table "item" allow users to enter information for a product that they add to their cart so that you can see it in the order. That would also allow you to do what you want. However, custom fields of the table "item" are only available in the Business edition.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds