- Posts: 75
- Thank you received: 0
Problem creating new module
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.6
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome, IE
I am trying to set up a shopping cart system in my shop, I hope this make sence:
But what I want to do is a checkout button at the top in my menu and I want to keep it simple with as few steps as possible.
When my buyers click on that I want them to see their basket, a login og create account possibility and maybe a terms of use link.
I allready made a menu with the Hikashop checkout module (kurv) at the right.
When I click that, a list with all my products shows, which I do not want.
I followed this turorialS]tutoriol ]ep 3 Create a product category menu
www.joomtemp.com/index.php/tutorials/hik...duct-categories-menu
But I think I messed up, because I don't find the associated category "2 product category", as shown in image 2, or the product listing menu.
I tried to recreated the product lising menu in the default hikashop menu, but it is a problem when I do not have this "product category". How can I recreate this?
I might have mixed everything together. Can you help me seperate the problems I have?
www.butik.meisolle.com/index.php/indkobskurv/product/listing
/Christina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you want to display the HikaShop cart module on a page, you can activate it via the Joomla modules manager and use the menu assignment option of the module to display on the menu items of your choice.
If you want to create a menu item to point to the checkout, you can go in the Joomla menu manager and create a menu item of the type "HikaShop checkout".
If you don't have the "product category" selected in the "parent category" option of your products listing, you can click on the select button of that option. That will open a popup to choose the category. There, click on the "root" link of the left explorer and finally click on the category name in order to select it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
But how do I find the product listing you are writing about? Do I need one for each catagory? I am not sure I understand it right.
/Christina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
If you go in the menu Display>Content menus of the backend of HikaShop, you'll see the different menu items available, including the products listings that you created if any.
You don't need one menu per category. You can have only one categories listing menu item which can take care of displaying the categories and then the products and then the product page.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I added two files to show better what I mean.
In my root (file 01) I have made a folder named "online butik" and under there are all my categories.
The 02 file is my Hikashop category listing menu. The problem there is that when I chose the Associated category I can only chose one category and that is rong right?
In my categories, in the parent category, I can't chose the "product category" like you show on your tutorial www.joomtemp.com/index.php/tutorials/hik...e-product-categories
/Christina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
www.butik.meisolle.com/index.php/online-butik
/Christina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
Sorry for the late reply :
No you'll only be able to select one category through the "Associated category" option, but if you want multiple categories to be selected, you should only add the "parent category" of every categories that you want to add.The 02 file is my Hikashop category listing menu. The problem there is that when I chose the Associated category I can only chose one category and that is rong right?
The "Product category" category, is the default hikashop product category, so note that even if you delete the value of the "Associated category" option, the "Product category" will be automatically added when you'll save your category listing configuration.In my categories, in the parent category, I can't chose the "product category" like you show on your tutorial
Hope this will help you
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
..
/Christina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
- Go to "Hikashop->Products->Categories"
- Use the "Rebuild" button.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Would you like to take a look in my admin? Maybe I just don't see it.
Edit: I noticed a product tax category, but that is not it, huh?
/Christina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks for your help anyway Mohamed
/Christina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I still would apriciate if any of you could help me out with this.
/Christina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
So, let's go back to :
www.hikashop.com/forum/content-creation/...w-module.html#185429
The issue is that when you are on the page www.butik.meisolle.com/index.php/online-butik and you click on a categry, you get get any products displayed on the page.
This indicates that the problem lies in the options of the products listing associated module of your menu.
You provided a screenshot of the options of the categories listing menu ( www.hikashop.com/media/kunena/attachment...anikkfindeudaf02.jpg ) but not a screenshot of the options of your associated module (the options below the ones on your screenshot), so I can't say exactly what's wrong with them, but it's there.
If you could provide a screenshot of them, we could tell you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Thanks.
In that module configuration, you can see the "associate category" that you were talking about in the beginning of this thread.
You can also see the option "synchronize with currently displayed item when possible" that is currently disable (no) and that you should enable (set to "yes").
Regards,
Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
/Christina
/Christina
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.