NiceToHave: "$$ on request" & "Ask a question"

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 9 months ago #20899

Hi,

during the process of listing my products I considered two features as Nice to Have:

A ) "Price on Request" feature:

In some of my products [which is (rare) books] it would be helpful to not display the price right away but let the customer ask.

B ) "Ask a question about this product" feature:

Sometimes customers would like to have more detailed information about a product. A "Ask a Question" button could be helpful. They then can leave a message which is emailed to the shop owner and automatically includes brief product information e.g. product code & product title.

Would be great if others are also interested in this, to help it make a feature in Hikashop soon.

Thx, Matt B) .

www.buch-comptoir.de

shop.buch-comptoir.de

[Weltweiter Versand seltener Bücher]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
12 years 9 months ago #20917

Hi,

In the configuration under the tab Display, you have the option "Display a contact button on the product page" (essential edition). You can activate it for all of your products or for only some of them. That will add a button for users to be able to contact you from the products page. You will get the name of the product in the subject of the email sent to you.

If you don't want to display a price for a product, you can just not add any price. It will then display the text "Free" instead of the price and won't display the add to cart button. You can change the word Free to something like "Use the contact form to request the price" for example by overriding the translations:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds