Paypal address invalid without postcode

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #27080

I'm building a website using Hikashop(great extension) and am using Paypal standard as my payment method. If the customer doesn't enter a postcode into the address field, I get the following message on the paypal site:

"Unable to process payment. Please contact the merchant as the postal address provided by the merchant is invalid, and the merchant has requested that your order must be delivered to that address."

Entering a postal code fixes this.

Is it possible to make Paypal more relaxed about the postcode? Or if not, is there a way to make the postcode a required field in Hikashop?

Here are my versions:

Joomla 1.7.1
Hikashop starter 1.5.3

Here are my paypal settings:

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Pheno.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13072
12 years 6 months ago #27082

If you set the "address override" option to false, that should solve the problem.

For the post code, if you want to make it required, you can go to the menu Display->Custom fields and make it required.

12 years 6 months ago #27085

Thanks very much for your speedy response! The downside of not using 'address override' is that the customer will have to enter their address twice - is this right?

• Thank you received: 13072
12 years 6 months ago #27087

I'm not sure. In any case, whether the override is activated or not, HikaShop will send the address entered by the user.
Then, it's up to PayPal to use it or not...

12 years 6 months ago #27089

I've been doing some testing and it seems if you don't use the address override then Paypal does ask the user to enter their address again.

I think I'll make the postcode a mandatory field (I checked a Virtuemart store and this is what they do).

Thanks very much for your help.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds