rental tool and price calculation

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #27112

Hi everyone, I have a doubt about the existence of a feature my client really need for his web site...

I've got to set up a rental tool: customer will choose a good for rent and select on a calendar its rental days.
The tool should of course be able to calculate automatically rental price, based on rental daily price*rental days. BUT actually I want it to use the SQUARE ROOT of rental days, rather than simple number of rental days.

Do you have such a feature on your business version? (keep in mind I need it to work with SQUARE ROOT(days)*daily price).
If not, could you provide an estimate to set the feature I need?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 6 months ago #27114

Hi,

There is no such thing.
What you could do is create two custom fields of the table item (business edition). One for the starting date and one for the ending date. That way, the user could choose both dates. Then, you would have to create a product quantity calculation override www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...tation.html#override in order to handle the price calculation based on the dates selected by the user.
If you would like us to provide such custom coding, you can use our contact form to request a quote.

Now, that might not be what you want. If you would like to have only one calendar displayed with a reservation system so that once the tool has been rented, for a date, it can't be rented again, that's another level as there would be a lot of things to add in HikaShop and we don't have the resources at the moment for a big project like that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds