Product Set up for searching

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #12064

Hi,

New to Joomla, Hikashop is the first extension I have used, and think its fantastic. I have read that multi-vendor is going to be available in the future, look forward to it!! that means Hikashop can do everything (as far as I'm aware) I need!

Quick questions about my situation. It is going to be on a site that sells Music (mp3 and score) by different composer and in a particular category (e.g. the type of tune). I want the customers to be able to search through the menus using any of these three variables.

E.g. they can get a list of composers and go through them, or a list of tunes, or a list of the type of tune.

It was easy setting it up so far to get people able to navigate through 2 of the 3 (type of tune = category, tune name = product), is there somewhere I can make the composer another variable so I can setup navigational searches through composer names?

I have looked through a lot of your forums and found a lot of useful information, and I hope that this makes sense and someone could help me find a solution.

Cheers!!

Wayne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
13 years 1 month ago #12075

Hi,

You can add that information as another category in your products (hikashop handle several categories per product). That way, your users could naviguate in your products by composer or by type.
You can also use the joomla search module along with the hikashop product and category search plugins. If you put the composer in the description of your products, the system will be able to give results based on the composer name in the description. Or you could make it a custom product field (in commercial editions only) and add that additional field in the search fields of the product search plugin.

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #12077

Fantastic!

Thank you for your quick and helpful response! That is a lot simpler than I thought it was going to be.

Thanks again, and I am very impressed with HikaShop, especially being new to Joomla.

Wayne

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds