1.5.6 Cart Errors after upgrade

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
12 years 2 months ago #37885

I have just upgraded to Business 1.5.6 from 1.5.3. With this version we are getting cart errors - any attempt to change or remove a product quantity in the cart causes the page to refresh and then the item is duplicated. Similarly when trying to place an order, on confirming the order the cart doubles up the item listings - just had this message in from a customer " I have been attempting to place an online order. However, each time I "confirm", your website doubles the quantities of my order"

I have reverted back to 1.5.3 and all seems okay again - any ideas what could be causing this error - haven't seen it elsewhere in the forum.

rgs

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #37939

Hi,

This might come from restrictions on your MySQL user preventing the system to update the database structure during the update:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...lity-issues.html#SQL

• Hikashop Business
12 years 2 months ago #38219

Hi Nicolas,

I Have checked the database issue and, as a test, manually ran the database update sql to ensure the issues I was getting were not as a result of any permission issues in MySQL. I reinstalled 1.5.6 on the shop which is running in Joomla 1.5 latest version. Now, if one puts a SINGLE item in the cart and goes to the checkout page and then clicks the delete button to cancel the item the system immediately creates the order and moves one on into the payments page - the item in the cart is not deleted. Clicking the CONTINUE SHOPPING button also immediately creates the order and moves on to the payments page.

If one has multiple line items in the cart and then goes to the checkout page - any attempt to remove an item from the cart on the checkout page simply causes that line item to be duplicated. Clicking on the CONFIRM button duplicates all line items in the cart and does not go forward to the payments page.

The issue is only evident on the CHECKOUT page - the cart handles products correctly on other pages.

NOTE: (I have just upgraded the whole site to Joomla 2.5 and now have the live shop running on version 1.5.3 without problems - upgrading to 1.5.6 on this live version produces the identical problems I am getting on the Joomla 1.5 version which I have kept as a backup while I make sure all is good with the migration, so whatever the issue it is affecting both Joomla versions. )

Rgs

Chris

• Hikashop Business
12 years 2 months ago #38221

Just one further observation on this - when there is just a single item line on the CHECKOUT page - clicking anything like a choice of payment check box or choice of shipping method also cause the line item to duplicate.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #38224

What you're describing seems to come from the fact that you customized some of the views of the checkout.

I would recommend that you backup your customizations, delete them via the menu Display->Views so that the system can use the new versions of the views and try again. That should probably avoid the problem.
Then, reapply your customizations in the new view files and hopefully everything should be back to normal on your website.

• Hikashop Business
12 years 2 months ago #38226

Thanks Nicolas - I will try that route and will let you know the results.

• Hikashop Business
12 years 2 months ago #38231

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks - Exactly as you suggested - checkout/cart.php was the source of the issues - removing the customization sorted the problems immediately.

Regards

Chris

PS Now I am just waiting to see if the migration to J2.5 has all worked without any issues - so far so good!

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds