Sidebox Module and search product in free version

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #41244

Hi All

It maybe that these facilities are no available in the free version. If that is the case please tell me.

I want a sidebox on the left with random products from a catalogue mode shop. I want the box to appear on all pages, and with products from any catgory. Is this possible, and if it is can someone give me some guidance to setting this up. I have tried so many settings on the module now, I have run out of ideas.

Also is it possible to search the product in the shop with the free version.

Thanks for any help

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by laurie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13072
12 years 2 months ago #41420

Hi,

Yes that's possible, even with the free version.

You need to create a new hikashop content module via the joomla module manager. Assign it to a valid position of your template and publish it.
Then, in the HikaShop options of the module, set it to display products randomly, check that the "associated category" is "product category" and that the "sub element filter" option is set to "all sub elements".
That's it, it should not work.

For the search, you should publish and configure the hikashop products search plugin via the plugins manager of joomla. Then, publish the joomla search module to a position of your template via the joomla modules manager and it will work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds