HikaShop Adventure Thread

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #41343

I've tried to use HikaShop before but got so frustrated not being able to show the add to cart button - even though it was checked in the configuration. At the time I figured that it was something in my joomla since I had previously tried virtuemart and simple caddy as well. There could have been some conflict. What I really want is to find a way to not have to create pay pal buttons for every product I have.

HikaShop sent me a nice email right after, asking how it was. I wasn't in a civil mood at the time so neglected to reply. So this time I decided to start a thread that documented my experiences. Hopefully that will help someone, even if its just Hika themselves. Maybe a gap in the documentation, or a bug or something will come out. That is my intention any way. I'll probably end up making myself look old and stupid but that's the price you pay sometimes hehe.

So far I've installed the extension just fine added products, did some basic configuration. The first problem I had was the "not saving" bug, that's mentioned in another thread. (I will find the link later to put it here). Changes to the configuration were not being saved, and the workflow dynamic view widget thing was throwing an error. So when I tried to disable it, nothing was saving. I changed from firefox to chrome and got it back to basic text workflow configuration. Then back to firefox it still says I have no workflow defined and shows an error, refusing to save. So I'll stick with Chrome for now. Hopefully this will be my last problem, making this a short thread :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #41350

Now I'm working through two small issues. I need to be able to modify the text colors to suite my template, and whatever template I decide to go with eventually.

And second, my workflow stops at step one. The next button just reloads the page.

I'm searching the documentation and the file system for the correct .css files now.

Oh, on the .css issue, I did go to display views, and since the menu item was a list products type, I checked those. The code shows me the classes for the div, so when/if I locate the css files I should be good.

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by micksmoney.

12 years 2 months ago #41355

Still haven't worked out the shipping plugins, but will work on that. For the time being I can manage shipping by charging a flat rate in PayPal.

Speaking of which, I got a product all the way through the workflow and into paypal check out. That's a big win. Now I know I'll be able to use HikaShop long term so I'm very excited.

Thanks for the great extension :)

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #41509

Hi,

The configuration saving is still an ongoing issue that we were not able to reproduce on our end. If you happen to be able to share a back end access to your website, we could have a look at the problem.

If the next button of the checkout just reloads the page it's probably that your template is not displaying error messages:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...issues.html#messages

The CSS can be edited via the interface in the Display tab of the configuration.

The following user(s) said Thank You: micksmoney

12 years 1 month ago #41755

Sorry Nicolas,

Didn't realize you were replying here, I already answered in email.

But to update, still chugging a long, no major problems which is always good. Tthe more you "play" with this the more impressive it is. I'm still working on the css part, but keep getting distracted on other things.

When I first saw the color problem, I knew it was css,and knew that it probably could be edited in the display >>> view area, but after a quick check there all I saw was php. I know I need to make sure I'm looking at the right template, and the product, but which "file" of the product is where I'm at now. I'll work it out just haven't had much of a chance to put more time into it yet. Is there a break down of what the files are in the display area, if so and I've not seen it yet (forgive me) I'll be happy to look there to save some time. If not I'm confident I'll work it out once I have a little more time.

12 years 1 month ago #41759

This is related to the thread (and my post) at Variant Problem

When I try to use more than one variant, the second shows "No Values Found" I have two set up, and I tried on two different products to use both. One is size and one is color. One product A, if i use color fist, it shows the choices, but not the size. On product B, I list size first, so it shows the choices, but doesn't show color choices.

I am still on my quest to find out the answer to what I posted there..in that I'm hoping to be able to use variants that don't change prices/title with variants that DO change price/title, on the same page.

12 years 1 month ago #41762

Okay made some progress. On the display tab of configuration, you can turn off adding the characteristic value to your product title. So that answers my question about if it was possible to have some variants add and others not add.

On my A product, I went and switched the order of the characteristics, to see if it was always the second one that showed "No Values Found" but no that's not the case. It looks like the first one you create when you go through manage variants and assign values, it creates "sub documents" for each value automatically. Any new characteristics past that point, you need to create them manually. What threw me was that the variant choices appeared on the back end in the characteristics box.

Actually I am still to confirm this, just had the "little light coming on" moment.

12 years 1 month ago #41764

Nope thats not quite it. I added a variant which was a choice on my second drop down "Color" and on the product it showed but it messed up the price display. But I noticed on the variant form itself on the bottom left, my "Color" Drop down exists, and is working perfectly. So what gives? I"m stumped now.

12 years 1 month ago #41769

Okay I think I got past two issues now.

In order to use multiple characteristics, you need variants for each combination. I saw on the demo site you had TShirt with two characteristics, looked at the back end, and voila. Thanks for that.

Also, on the css, I FINALLY saw in the configuration where you can set the css attributes. I dont know how I kept missing it. It is a small area but still. LOL

Back to enjoying the learning and adventure of HikaShop.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #41886

When you have troubles with the display of characteristics on the front end, you can follow the procedure of the documentation:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...html#characteristics

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds