playing with hikashop then 404 error?

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #44557

I am working on building a website for another company under a contract for my company. I built their website (with the limited info I was given) in joomla 1.7.2. They wanted a billing system set up for them so I downloaded hikashop and started working with it. Things were all fine and dandy until I went into components>HikaShop>configuration>languages to change some of the text of the buttons. Then I went to the display tab>content modules> HikaShop conent module and changed the display 'add to cart' button to yes. Went back to my website tab and refreshed to a 404 error... Also I have big gaps in my backend joomla tabs now...I used to get this issue with other websites I had built in joomla 1.5 and was always fixed by emptying the cache so since then I have emptied my cache on joomla, tried to restore all of the files through the host and disable all of the hikashop extensions. Still have the 404 error. My boss and I have been thinking It was some type of overflow issue but we are not sure. I am by no means a professional...not a complete noob but still a novice in many ways.

The website is:

www.allen8rwd.com

one of the few pages that still work(not sure why):

www.allen8rwd.com/index.php/component/users/?view=remind

The following are the plugin files I used on the site and have also been attached to this document:

Attachment com_hikashop_starter_1.5.7_2012-03-161.zip not found

Attachment com_hikashop_starter_1.5.7_2012-03-162.zip not found

Attachment com_hikashop_starter_1.5.7_2012-03-16.zip not found

The following files were changed the day these problems started:

stats,
tmp,
Configuration.php - I would assume this to be the file that caused the 404 error but host restorations and even manually pluging in the file from the day before this did not fix the issue.

If anyone has suggestions I would be very thankful and try out what I can to fix the issue.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
12 years 1 month ago #44729

Hi,

If you get 404 errors on the front end, is means that the SEF system of Joomla is not happy because something is not configured properly on your website. Hard to say what exactly but looking at your website, I would say that the problem comes from the htaccess file which was not renamed properly when configuring Joomla.
I would advise you to turn off SEF in the Joomla configuration and it should hopefully work again.

Regarding the tabs not working on your back end, it usually comes from javascript issues as explained there:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ty-issues.html#modal

12 years 1 month ago #44755

Dear nicolas,

Thank you for the replay but unfortunatly the "use url rewriting" is turned off, neither the .htaccess nor htaccess.txt files have been changed since way before these issues and turning off SEF urls did not fix the issue

12 years 1 month ago #44760

I see that you have the error "The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.". Could you check that you still have the index.php file of Joomla and if not put it back ?

12 years 1 month ago #44765

the index.php file is still there =/

12 years 1 month ago #45004

From what I can see, It's not just hikashop pages but other pages not working, AND you still have the SEF activated on the website (the links are SEFed on your front page).
So you should deactivate it, and also try to deactivate the language filter, and deactivate the joomla cache plugin and cache option of the configuration so that we can be sure it's not a cache problem.

12 years 1 month ago #45058

I had the SEF turned off but I turned it back on after I had tried a couple things with it off and the page still not getting fixed. Ill try it with deactivating the language filter and ive been clearing the cache every time to make sure its not messing with the site. When you say deactivate the language filter are you talking about the language part of the hikashop plugin or the language filter for joomla?

12 years 1 month ago #45061

I just turned SEF off, cleared cache, then disabled the cache,SEF,language filter plugins...sadly the problem still persists =(

12 years 1 month ago #45206

I must say that I'm getting out of ideas on that one. You should try to ask on the joomla.org forum as this is not releated to HikaShop but to your joomla in general. They should be able to help you better than us.

12 years 1 month ago #45342

sadly i have...

forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=620&t=706315

been there for days and not 1 reply...

I also talked to my host and they assure me its nothing to do with them but instead its a software issue and they belive it was something that went wrong with 1 of my plugins which would point to you guy again. What should my public $tmp_path= look like? It was one of the few files changed the day these issues started and alot of the errors point to where the temp path is currently located.

12 years 1 month ago #45511

Why would it point to us again ?
HikaShop has no influence on such errors on non hikashop pages.

The tmp_path variable indicates the path of the temporary folder for the extraction of install packages. It's not related to that issue in any way.

In your case, I would recommend to start afresh and install the latest version of joomla (2.5.3) and back back your content. It will be faster than spending days trying to located the problem.

12 years 3 weeks ago #46302

so i got rid of all of the old files of my website and rebuilt it from scratch using joomla 2.5.4...today i decided i would give hikashop another chance and downloaded it to find 403 error =/ but then i also had another error saying i didnt have an index page which sounded pretty odd to me so i looked at the files and noticed a .htaccess folder and a .htaccess_old...i found it odd that "dont allow" was all the .htaccess file said so i deleted it and renamed the .htaccess_old file but it wouldnt let me name it .htaccess, only htaccess...i forsee this causing problems so i thought id go back to the forums lol (as of right now the site seems back up and fine after i made the htaccess file change...)

12 years 3 weeks ago #46384

What is the precise error message you have ?

Did you try to deactivate the SEF settings in the configuration of Joomla ?

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds