Synchronizing e-shop / brick and mortar inventory

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 1 week ago #47469

Hi,

For those people who do operate both e-store and brick and mortar store, how are you dealing with synchronization of (shared) inventory between the two?

Do you use Hikashop Products Cron Update Plugin for that? If yes, what is your experience with that?

Thanks,

Karol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 week ago #47711

You can use that yes with a CSV file.
Otherwise, you can also create your own plugin in order to pull/push data directly from/to the brick and mortar inventory system. It depends on the possibilities of that inventory system...

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 11 months ago #49540

nicolas wrote: You can use that yes with a CSV file.
Otherwise, you can also create your own plugin in order to pull/push data directly from/to the brick and mortar inventory system. It depends on the possibilities of that inventory system...

That would sort half of the problem (I would need to update inventory / POS system for every purchase via Hikashop still). Do you plan to add some simple page in Hikashop backend where I could quickly search for / add items and print invoice for brick-and-mortar customers?

I could sort of do that even today but it's way cumbersome.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 11 months ago #49607

You can already create orders, add products to them and print them in the back end. There is room for improvement in that interface and yes, we want to improve it in the future so that it's easier to create orders. But we want add another specific view for it.

My previous message also answer the other half of the problem. You want to update the inventory after a purchase in Hikashop:

Otherwise, you can also create your own plugin in order to pull/push data directly from/to the brick and mortar inventory system

If you create a hikashop plugin with the onAfterOrderUpdate trigger, you can contact the inventory system to transfer the information of the order. That event of HikaShop's API is even documented on our website. The question is more on how you can contact the inventory system. And I can't answer that as that depends on the inventory system, not HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: karolko

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds