workflow / hosting recomendation.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #50949

Hi there,
After searching the forum , I came across several things such as mysql user ALTER privileges ( to avoid error updating mysql tables ), outgoing connection for payment method. So since I'm still looking for a shared hosting plan ,and I have already contacted godaddy but they a advise to go for dedicated server or V.server in order to have ALTER privileges control, but it costing :ohmy: .I'm wondering what other things to look for that could help avoiding futures issues with the hosting since my starting point is hikashop component.

Also, I'm looking for a simple checkout workflow for example :
Login
Address ( I will be using it as a shipment address, No need shipment step is there will be a problem with papal payment )
Cart
Payment
Status ( do I need Status or i can remove it )
Fields ( do I need this, what will it do )

thanks, :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago #51019

Hello,

If you don't need your customer to select a shipping method your checkout workflow will be like that :
- 'Login/Cart/Payment/Status/Fields'
- if you are using the Paypal payment method you'll have to set the "No shipping" Option to NO ("Hikashop->System->Payment methods->'HikaShop Paypal payment plugin'")

Else it will be like that :
- 'Login/Address/Shipping/Cart/Payment/Status/Fields' with the "No shipping" Option to YES

Regarding the "Status" it will just display in the checkout page :

You chose the shipping method: Your shipping method
You chose the payment method: Your payment method

So you can remove it if you want.

Hope this will help you.

11 years 11 months ago #51060

Thanks Mohammed for your quick response :) , any suggestion about hosting,server requirements, hikashop works fine in my local pc, but I'm worry when I move to online with hosting company. any suggestion.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 years 11 months ago #51076

HikaShop can work with any hosting. It will mainly depend on the number of users you have, the number of extensions you have on your website, etc.
For Joomla websites, it is often recommended to not just get the cheapest plan out there but it's not really related to HikaShop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

11 years 11 months ago #51079

Thanks Nicolas, :)

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds