Features needed upload images from iPhone & thumbs

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #52427

Hi There

I am looking to swap over from Virtuemart to your solution, however one of the key features that I require is the ability to create new products from an iPhone.
My scenario is:
New product arrives --> take photo with iPhone4S --> resize image (640x480) --> create new product in Hikashop --> upload resized image --> Publish

I have tried to create a new product from your demo site and the upload button is greyed out on the IOS devices (iPhone 4S & iPad 2). I have tried this option in both Safari & Mecury browsers with no success.

Is there a browser that works with Hikashop on the iPhone 4S or is there an App that provides the ability?

I have just tried uploading an image using a galaxy SII(icecream sandwich) and it appears that it will work (demo permissions denied the actual write).
Observations during upload:
1.There are no warnings if the file is larger than the max 2M
2.No indication on the progress of the image upload to the server.

If I can create new products from an iPhone using Hikashop (on what ever IOS browser works) I will be swapping over.

Another feature that I would like to see is to list all products on the admin page(not just by category) & display the thumbnail image next to the description.

Cheers
Dazzler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 11 months ago #52486

Hi,

The standard HTML file upload system is blocked by safari on iPhone. That's a limitation of the browser itself because apple doesn't want you to browse your files on your phone. You can however use it if you use opera instead. We tested it and it works fine with opera.

There is a message saying that there is a 2M limitation. If the upload fails because the file is too big, you will get an order message. It's not possible to have such warning with the standard HTML file upload system. That would require to use a flash based upload system which is more complex to implement and wouldn't work on iphones because flash is also blocked...

It's the exact same thing for the progression of the upload. It's not possible to display it within HikaShop with the standard HTML file upload system. However, modern browsers like Chrome display either the upload percentage or a progress bar at the bottom of the screen while the file is being uploaded.

If you want to list all the products, just go in the main product category and change the filter on the right to "all sub elements" instead of "direct sub elements".
For the thumbnails, there is no option for now, it's in the todo list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds