the filter doesn't return the searching result

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #53197

Hi Nicolas,

I've enabled the "submit on click" so it seems it's processing the searching when I select on the filter value. However it doesn't return any searching result.

Can you help me to see if I've done the right setting?

Here was what I did:
1).First I created a custom field called "product material", and set the check-box value as "bamboo"/"maple"/"engineered wood", table as "product",category as "product category".
2).In each product, I set the product material type for all of them by clicking the check-box value (which is "bamboo" for this test case).
3).Then I created the filter called "shop by material" and set the filter module for it, set the menu ID as the top menu ID( which is "shop online").

After all above is done, when I click the filter value , it doesn't return any searching result. Please advise what's the reason?

My web link: www.demetracabinetry.com/shop-vanities-online.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13100
11 years 11 months ago #53279

Please provide a screenshot of the options of each one of your filters.

11 years 11 months ago #53301

Nicolas,

See attached screen shot,I select one of the value of each filter, it just returned all the category listings, not the products.

According to your documentation, I set the "sub elements filter" option of the associated module of the category listing menu to "all sub elements",but it seems still not working ... What's the reason?

Thank you!
Zoe

Attachments:

11 years 11 months ago #53682

Nicolas,any progress of diagnosing this problem yet?

11 years 11 months ago #53795

From what I understand, the problem is that you entered a category listing menu's id in the menu option of the filter module. Change that to a products listing menu which displays all the products by default and it will work.

11 years 11 months ago #53843

It still doesn't work.
Here is what I did:

Created a menu called "all product listing", associate category is "product category" (all categories), publish this menu, and then I link the filter module to the menu ID 130. When I select the filter value, it still doesn't return any product listing result. See my website link:
demetracabinetry.com/shop-vanities-online.html

I attached some screen shots, don't know what I did wrong.

Attachments:

11 years 11 months ago #53949

You're displaying your module on a category listing menu.
So the module filters the products listing in your menu without redirecting to the menu you entered in the filter module.
The problem is that your category listing menu only display the products of the current category, so the filters apply only to the products of the current category.
In the associated module's options of your shop online menu, if you change the "sub element filter" to "all sub elements", it will display all the products below the current category and its sub categories.
That way, the filtering module will be able to filter on all the products in the first page of your menu.

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds