Solved - Address_state not showing on page load

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #55496

I have a similar issue that was reported in www.hikashop.com/forum/3-bug-report/1473...-showing-values.html in that the state drop-down list isn't showing up on screen. However, if the country is changed, then the state drop-down will then be generated, so something is stopping it from populating it on the initial loading of the page. The frustrating part of this is, I have an online version of the same site, but it's working fine.

My offline version is the one that's not working.

I will take a back-up of it and create another version of the site tonight and see if the issue can be replicated, but I wondered if you had any suspicions about what may be causing the problem.

I'll post back again later when I've sorted a test site out for you to have a look at.

Cheers - Grant

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by gphood. Reason: Adding 'solved' to title

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13100
11 years 10 months ago #55567

When that happens, it's almost all the time caused by a javascript error on your page which prevents the browser from running the javascript code of HikaShop in order to load the states. And in most of these cases, it's a conflict between jquery and mootools (2 javascript libraries) which can be solved by installing and publishing the "jquery easy" plugin for joomla.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #55612

Hi Nicolas

Yes, that's done the trick :)

Thanks for your quick reply.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds