Download link in email

• Thank you received: 10
11 years 9 months ago #58657

Although it has been discussed a few times, I would again ask if it is not possible to integrate the download link to virtual goods inside the email that is send after paying.
I get a lot of complains that people have no clue they need to click on the (cryptic) order number to get to the download.

I think it is really important to get user friendly there. The sentence in the order overview is perfect, so many download in such a time frame, and the download link.
Is it really hard to code that in the email?
If a directlink is not possible, would it be possible to ad a text: "click here to download your order" with the link to that order in the control panel?

Would really save us a lot of questions :-)

Bastiaan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 9 months ago #58707

That's already the case normally in the latest version of HikaShop.
Are you using the latest version ?

Note that it will only be in the order status notification (the email received when the order is confirmed), not in the order creation notification (the email received when the order is created) since the payment has not yet been made.

The following user(s) said Thank You: zebrafilm

11 years 9 months ago #58730

Ah thats great news, now I just should get it working....
Hikashop 1.58 (of course)

I am using ccIDEAL/ccINVOICE component / plugin (latest version) for payment. It sets the status to confirmed for that order but I only see the 'order created' email. I'll check with David too what might go wrong with his component because I don't get the follow up on ccINVOICES either at the moment.

If I switch the status to CREATED and back to CONFIRMED with 'inform client' ON, I do see exactly what I had in mind. That email comes through too. Meaning Hika is working fine.
But it seems something along ccIDEAL and Hika disturb the process. In DEBUG mode there are no errors.

Bastiaan

11 years 9 months ago #58780

Just got confirmation from Chill Creations that the current ccIDEAL plugin/component has a bug. The upcoming version 2.7.0 will have a fix for this.

Bastiaan

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 9 months ago #58840

Thank you for the feedback.

11 years 9 months ago #60168

Update:

After many hours of testing the problem was isolated. Mainly caused by the fact that my sites don't use the standard PHP mailer but the SMTP setting.
Chill Creations made a fix I am testing now and all seems well.
I assume it will be in the next updates but will post the versions when I have more info about it.
Code has changed in Component and in Hikashop plugin.

Thanks to the Chill Creations team for fighting this difficult bug.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

11 years 9 months ago #60433

Last update:

CHillCreations confirmed that the bug will be fixed in the upcoming v 2.7.1 of ccIDEAL

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds