Customization of Hika-Shop : Multi-Vendor support

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #7831

Hi,

I am looking into HikaShop as my base for a project I'm working on. Among other things, I mainly need to implement a "multi-vendor" e-commerce where people can register to the site and sells online on behalf of the website itself. This includes the ability to users to add products from the front-end. This is the rough idea.

Now, I've already analyzed the database schema and quickly parsed the hikashop component to find what I need to work on. It seems this features is already "planned" as the product table already contains a "vendor_id" entry.

My main question is how far is the Hikashop team is willing to support me (and any customization project, for that matter) and, who knows, integrate my modifications into their component.

Otherwise, were these features already planned for Hikashop?

Thank you for your time and great component.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 2 months ago #7833

Hi,

The main problem is that we're short on resources and can't do everything, which is why we didn't start on working on it so far and don't plan on doing it any time soon. We do some custom work but we already have our schedule packed for february...

If you work on it and need some help we can provide it (pointers or small piece of code on specific questions). Other users already requested such ability in HikaShop so we would love to integrate it in hikashop.

The vendor_id in the product_table is indeed a field which was and still is planned to be used for that feature.
We were thinking of doing it like this:
If it's 0, then it was added by an administrator and all administrators should be able to access it on the front end.
If it's an id, then it was added by someone else from the front end and can only be managed by that person and the administrators which can also change that id.

13 years 2 months ago #7836

This is nice.

In my case, when a order is completed, it has to be subdivised into mini-orders to each vendor (so if customer X orders items from vendor Y and Z, vendor Y and Z both recieve an order with their respective products).

This also means I have to change the logic concerning the "Status of an order" which is currently global to the order. I have to move the status to the hikashop_order_product table so each vendor can individually mark their product as shipped or not. Depending on what my client needs, might also move that to a new table hikashop_suborder where vendor can mark their part of the order as "shipped" (instead of doing it on a per-product basis).

Also, by looking at the API page, it seems like some key "events" could use a plugin call to unleash the full potential of a component like this, (ie : onAfterProductCreate and so on.) Also, in my case, I'll probably have to implement some crazy coupons mechanics (such as this coupon is only available to products of vendor Y when Product A is purchased with product B). So I might try to implement the coupons as joomla plugins (following what has already been done, sometime like hikashopcoupons).

Where would be the best place to keep you in-touch with this customization? This forum?

13 years 2 months ago #7839

I indeed think that it would be better to make another table hikashop_suborder which would link the order, order_product and user (for the user_id of the vendor) tables. That way, there should be so much changes to make to the internals and most of it could be done via a plugin or code outside the existing files (the goal is the avoid breaking stuff which already works).

onAfterProductCreate is a good idea. If you could make us a list you what you need we could look at adding them. We also have some undocumented ones at the moment like the onProductDisplay which allow you to display additional information on the product edition page of the backend.

We can continue in private. You can use the contact us form:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/contact-us.html

12 years 6 months ago #28958

I think that little plugin like plg_szaki_table_j17_v1.1.zip is good for this.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 5 months ago #31233

Hi, I think that there is a lot of people willing to have this feature.

Could you please told us who much will cost the development of these functionality, maybe we can chip in for this.

What do you think?.

Daniel.

12 years 5 months ago #31235

Hi,

We started work on a solution. More information here: www.hikashop.com/support/forum/2-general...s.html?lang=en#31186

12 years 5 months ago #31313

I'm eager to see the solution that hikashop team is building.

I made a working multivendor version of hikashop for one of my project, but it involved some nasty hacks and core modification of hikashop (due to how hikashop was made at the time and budget constraint). Good thing to know this will become a core feature!

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikashop Business
11 years 7 months ago #65167

Have some news about Multi-Vendor support?

11 years 7 months ago #65171

We've worked a lot on it since then.
Still a few weeks of hard work and we should be ready.

• Thank you received: 94
11 years 7 months ago #65371

Very cool to hear! We have a client who uses HikaShop who is interested in possibly funding an enhancement to JoomLister for eBay to be able to list to multiple eBay Stores, from the multi-vendor setup you're adding. Not sure if the project will go forward, but obviously we'd want to see multi-vendor added to the core before working up a proposed design and estimate.

Thanks for the continuous development. :)

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

11 years 7 months ago #66617

Great. How will you probably handle the licensing? Will there be an update for hikashop business users free of charge or is it a new edition then?
Any plans there already? Can't wait to have multi vendor integration in hikashop.

11 years 7 months ago #66624

It will be an extension separated from HikaShop, like HikaSerial as it's something really specific and too big to integrate into HikaShop by default.
You will be able to use it with any edition of HikaShop.

11 years 6 months ago #73685

Any news about a possible release timeframe for the addon?

11 years 6 months ago #73703

It will be before the end of the year.
The implementation of the first version is almost finished and we want to start the beta feedbacks by the end of the month.

11 years 1 month ago #97035

with "HikaMarket - Multivendor", may i have a payment directly to the bank account or paypal account of each vendor ?

11 years 1 month ago #97045

For people not knowing already: HikaMarket, the multivendor solution for HikaShop has been released since a few months now.

@extonjaez:
That is not yet possible but we're currently working on it. It will be possible with next version of HikaShop/HikaMarket.

10 years 11 months ago #102422

some news about the dev of "HikaMarket - Multivendor" with "payment directly" to the bank account or paypal account of each vendor ?
:woohoo: :silly:

Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by extonjaez.

10 years 11 months ago #102428

We're finalizing the new version for that. It will be available in June if all goes as planned.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds