Sorting Product List by Newest First

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #12262

I'm having trouble getting the product list to sort correctly. I've configured the Content Menu item with "Ordering direction: Descending" and "Ordering field - product_id" but it still shows the oldest item first. I've also tried changing the ordering field to various other options but nothing works. Please help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13084
13 years 1 month ago #12268

Do you use a recent version of HikaShop (there was a bug corrected in a previous version concerning such issue) ? If not, you should update.

If yes, then, please activate the joomla debug mode (in the config of joomla) and go to your page. There, copy the queries displayed at the bottom and paste them here o that we can see what's going on.

13 years 1 month ago #12312

I'm running version 1.4.8 which the update page says is the latest stable version.

code deleted

Edit: Removed unnecessary code.

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by NaturalChaos.

• Thank you received: 13084
13 years 1 month ago #12329

Please make sure that the random option is turned off in the hikashop options of your menu.

13 years 1 month ago #12335

It looks like I may have solved it. I was trying to resolve an issue with pagination not showing when I came across a post saying to turn off Random Items. Once I did that, this issue resolved as well.

Edit: Of course, I see your response AFTER I posted this. :) Thanks for your help!

Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by NaturalChaos.

11 years 5 days ago #101793

Hi Nicolas,
I'm struggling with this very same issue but didn't want to open a new thread. I've configured the Content Menu item with Ordering direction: Ascending and Descending (neither works) and Ordering field - product_created and direct sub elements selected. I have also ensured in the configuration screen - Display tab that the same options are selected. Random items are turned off.

Playing with the settings have not made a bit of difference, so I must be missing something simple, please help!!

We are running version 2.1.2.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 days ago #101961

Hi,

You maybe don't change the values in the correct place. If you have a menu listing products, edit this menu options.
But if it's a category listing menu, change the options in the associated module of this menu.

Can you give us a screenshot of the configuration ?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Welsh Country Boy

11 years 5 days ago #101973

Thanks Xavier, you were right! I have managed to sort this by changing the correct category listing menu.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds