Product Page Layout

• Thank you received: 1
13 years 1 month ago #14030

Product names, images and prices are not lining up vertically on my products page.
It looks like I have too much padding between the products. Where would I go in the configuration settings to set this for 3 columns, reduce the padding and fix it?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
13 years 1 month ago #14032

For the number of columns, you can go in the hikashop options of your menu/module and reduce the "number of columns" option. You can easily access all of them via the menus Display->Content menus/modules.

13 years 1 month ago #14037

That did it Nicolas...thanks so much!

The prices and the "Add to cart" buttons appear to the left of the products.

How can I move them below the images?

Also, what is the purpose of the Content Modules?
Is this where I would go to change the look of a products page?

Mort

Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #14044

You added your product images in the description of the products. What you should do is add them in the "images" zone on the product edition screen.

Then, you could just go in the menus Display->Content menus/modules and edit your menu/module and change the item box layout you're using to "image and title" and that should do it.

The content modules are joomla modules which allows you to display hikashop content. Some will be created automatically by the system. For example, when you create a menu of the type hikashop category listing, a module will be created and will handle the display of the products below the category listing.
Depending on how you created that listing of products, you will either need to edit the menu or the associated module's options.

13 years 1 month ago #14067

Sorry that I'm still not getting it right. I removed the images from the description of products and inserted them into the products detail page on the right. Is this the right place? Is this the "images" zone you were referring to?

As you can see from the attached, the images no longer appear on the products page in the front-end.

Where is Display->Content menus/modules located? How do I get there?

Thanks for your patience and quick responses to my questions.

Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #14080

Yest, that's the place where you should put your image.

In your back end, when you're in HikaShop, you have a menu Display with two sub menus: Content modules and Content menus.

You didn't put any image of your front end display.

13 years 1 month ago #14102

Yes, I see the Content modules and menus but not sure what you mean by "didn't put any image of your front end display." Please tell me in detail where I should go to do this and exactly what I should do.
Also, should I enable the cart module and content module?
Thanks once again for your help.

13 years 1 month ago #14105

In your post you said : "As you can see from the attached, the images no longer appear on the products page in the front-end."

But You didn't upload any image of your front end with the changes applied so we cannot see what you have now.

I already told you what you should do:
You should just go in the menus Display->Content menus and edit your menu and change the item box layout you're using to "image and title"

You don't need to enable these two modules.

13 years 1 month ago #14106

Thank you for your patience.
I'll be sure to always include an image of the front-end so you can see what I'm doing.
I followed your directions and changed the item box layout to "image and title" but the images did not appear on the products listing page.

I was thinking that maybe I changed too many default settings and messed something up so I decided to start from scratch and did a fresh install of HikaShop on a different website. I created 2 categories, 1 product for each category, 1 menu item on the front- end using the "product listing" menu type and on the Display tab in the configuration, I have set the type of item layout for "Image and title."
When I click on my menu in the front-end, this is what I see:

There is no product information.
What else should I do that I have not done?

Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #14107

You created two products in two categories below the main category.
When you create a new menu of the type product listing, it displays all the products of the main category (the default category set in the "parent category" option of your menu's hikashop options. Since you don't have any products in your main category, you're not seeing any products. Normal.
You need to go in your menu's hikashop options and set the option "sub element filter" to "all sub elements" so that it displays the products regardless of their depth in your category tree.

13 years 1 month ago #14108

That did it...it's working!
I think that a lot of my problems had to do with my category tree structure.
I've learned a lot...thank you so much!

A few more questions please:
Where would I go to change the category title from "product category" to the actual name of the category?
How can I move the product names above the images?

Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #14109

Well, "product category" IS the name of your category. It's the name of the default main category.
If you wish to change it, you need to go in the categories listing, click on Root, and edit that category.

If you want to put the product name above the image, there is no option for that, so you will have to edit the file listing_img_title of the view product via the menu Display->Views and move the block of code displaying the product name before the block of code displaying the image.

13 years 1 month ago #14110

Thanks Nicolas...I was able to easily change the category name.
I so appreciate your help and your patience. I feel ready to move forward now and start using HikaShop on my clients' sites. First chance I get, I'll post a 5 star review for you.

Mort

13 years 1 month ago #14184

When I click on an image on the opening product listing page, it goes to the second page where I see a thumbnail containing a larger pop-up image. I need the images on this second page to be larger (not thumbnails) and also remove the pop-up windows.
I tried adding larger images to the product description/information window in the back-end but am not able to remove these thumbnails and popups on the product information page.
How can I do this?

Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #14190

You can edit the file show of the view product via the menu Display->Views and replace the code:
if(!$this->config->get('thumbnail')){
by:
if(true){

at the two places where you will find it. That will display the full sized image directly.

13 years 1 month ago #14205

When I go to Configuration->Display->Views, which file should I edit to achieve this result?

13 years 1 month ago #14207

I wrote that in my last message:

the file show of the view product

13 years 1 month ago #14209

That did it...it works!
Thanks once again for your help, your fast response to my questions and for your patience.
HikaShop is a great extension.

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #97482

I have a similar problem and tried to use your advice, but I can't find the options that you mention. I am finding this editor very confusing and frustrating.

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 1 month ago #97503

We will continue and solve your problem through this thread :).

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds