AddressEdit for shipping and Billing Address

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 11 months ago #52197

Hi Nicolas,

I am sending you a request after long time as we had kept our project on hold for some time and reopening it now.
Now the the project demo.aappakadai.com is ready for production launch but we are facing an issue with the Address edit options of SHIPPING address and Billing Address in checkout page. Nothing is happening if the we click on the new button (EDIT) option except the page reload. I think it should show the address Iframe as per the code but it is not happening. HOpe you could guide me in solving this issue in better way instead of i sit and fiddle around the code.

So advice me how i could proceed to solve this issue.

Regards,
Binoy

Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by binoy_p_v.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13108
11 years 11 months ago #52281

I tried to test but never received the activation email for the account. So I couldn't login and thus I couldn't see the problem.
Could you double check your joomla configuration's email settings and provide a test user account ?

11 years 11 months ago #52301

Hi Nicolas,

There is no issues with our mail configuration but it takes bit time to receive the mail as we use phpmail without smtp settings. Anyway i can give you a test account for checking the issue, user name is binoy123 and password is 123india. Kindly check the issue and help me to solve this issue.

Regards
Binoy

11 years 11 months ago #52341

Hi,

You have these javascript error on your website and they apparently come from your template:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'indexOf' of undefined
(anonymous function)index.php:257
jQuery.fn.extend.readyjquery_mini.js:28
jQuery.extend.ready.jQuery.readyListjquery_mini.js:28
jQuery.extend.eachjquery_mini.js:22
jQuery.extend.readyjquery_mini.js:28
index.php:294Uncaught ReferenceError: startDetecting is not defined
(anonymous function)index.php:294
onloadindex.php:295

These prevents the popup system of Joomla to work properly and thus the edit buttons don't work on your checkout.
You should fix these errors with your template provider and that will then allow the joomla popup system to work properly.

11 years 11 months ago #53157

Hi Nicolas,

I have removed the issue making JS files and functions but still the problem of NEW button persists. So kindly check the same and let me know the possible solution.

Regards,
Binoy

11 years 11 months ago #53212

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions and guidance. I think you have not looked in to my previous topic about the conflict between Joomla and Jquery due to which i am getting sizes.size is undefined error in modal.js.

I have seen similar kind of threads and your reply but i couldnt find in which file i need to add the following statements $document = &JFactory::getDocument();
$document->addCustomTag( '<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>' );

I have added the aforesaid code in the index page of my template but still i am having the same issue.

Kindly guide me to solve this issue

Regards,
Binoy

11 years 11 months ago #53327

You don't need to add that code. Just install and publish the jquery easy plugin available on the joomla extension directory and it will fix the problems with the jquery library automatically.

11 years 11 months ago #53340

Dear Nicolas,

I have removed all the extra code which i added for avoiding jquery conflict and also i have installed and publish jQuery Easy plug in as well as per your last reply still the problem persists. I am really not able to figure out the issue and our client want to make the portal live at the earliest. Kindly help me to solve the issue.

Thanks and Regards,
Binoy

11 years 11 months ago #53404

You have that line in your template:
<body id="bd" class="fs3 body-overlayed" onload="startDetecting();">

But the function startDetecting() does not exist.

Please fix ALL your javascript issues on your website and it will work. You can check them with the javascript error console of your browser when on the checkout.

11 years 11 months ago #53477

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your valuable comments. i have removed the startDetecting() function call from onload and installed jQuery Easy Pluggin and installed as per the documentation and tested it for various jQuery versions as well but still i am getting the earlier error messge

sizes.size is undefined

width: sizes.size.x,

modal.js (line 272)

once i check the browser console.

I am really struck here with this issue for last few days. Please please help me to figure out the issue.

Regards,
Binoy

11 years 11 months ago #53516

Hi,

I don't know how to correct that javascript error. All I know is that it's a conflict between your template's javascript code and the modal system of Joomla which is used by HikaShop for popups.
The problem is not in hikaShop. Please ask your template provider for help on that issue.

11 years 11 months ago #53587

Hi Nicolas,

I have rectified the javascript error by assigning values directly to the sizes.size.x and sizes.size.y but still the new address fields are not displaying in shipping and billing address if we click on new button. What i understood is that there is no javascript error now.

Kindly guide me to solve this issue at the earliest.

Regards,
Binoy

11 years 11 months ago #53680

I can see that the modal system loads the address edition view now. However, there is a problem between your template and the modal system preventing it to display the view on the page. And there is still a javascript error:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'x' of undefined modal.js:272
SqueezeBox.reposition modal.js:272

I'm sorry but I can't help you. It's not a problem with HikaShop.

11 years 11 months ago #53918

Hi Nicolas,

The address issue is not been solved even after rectifying the exception and java script errors. I am really sorry to say that because of this small issue i may need to wind up the project as You are telling the problem is not with Hikashop cart.

Regards,
Binoy

11 years 11 months ago #53996

Hi,

The problem is indeed not with HikaShop. The address edition popup works on everyone else's website.
You indeed corrected the javascript errors. But the modal system of joomla is still not working properly on your website.
See HikaShop just tells the joomla modal library to display a popup and give the link of the page to be displayed in the popup. Then, the modal library handles the rest. If that doesn't work, it means that there is something interfering with the modal system of joomla on your website.
If you want a proof, install a blank joomla website with HikaShop. There is no way that the popup doesn't work...
There is a high chance that it comes from another script on the page or maybe a javascript modification that you made somewhere.

11 years 11 months ago #54629

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your reply. I have been keep on trying various options for solving the issue and finally tried to install "JB Library" instead of "jQuery Easy" , now the edit and new options of shipping and billing addresses are opening in a new window. I believe the modal.js is not working now. please check the URL demo.aappakadai.com/index.php?option=com...tep&step=1&Itemid=71 with username binoy123 and password 123india. heLet me know how could i solve this issue now. Also let me know if i can use any other modal window scripts instead of the predefined one.

Regards,
Binoy

11 years 11 months ago #54690

Hi,

I don't know what you did but you have the line:
var hikashop=/media/plg_jblibrary/jquery/jquery-1.3.2.min.js();
in your js which is not valid.
It should be:
var hikashop=array();

That breaks the js of the page.

Instead of the joomla modal box system, it's possible to use rokbox. Here is a thread which talks about that:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/4-how-to/5649-...newedit-address.html

11 years 11 months ago #54805

Hi Nicolas,

The error var hikashop=/media/plg_jblibrary/jquery/jquery-1.3.2.min.js(); was caused by JB Library plugin. Sorry for disturbing you continuously. I have tried rockbox option also but i was getting error due to jquery and mootool. So i decided to implement the edit and new address options as normal popup windows. I have done the same thing but after adding new address or editing the address the window is not closing. Also the newly opened window redirects to checkout page. Instead of that i need to close the popup window as soon as adding /editing address.

So kindly let me know which file i need to edit for adding the code for closing and redirecting to the parent window after adding/editing the address.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Binoy

11 years 11 months ago #54838

That is handled in the file components/com_hikashop/controllers/address.php in the function save.

11 years 11 months ago #54848

Thanks Nicolas, Your suggestion helped me to achieve my requirement. But the Pop is showing without proper CSS. So let me know which file i need to modify to apply the css.

Regards,
binoy

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds