Feature request - Bulk Invoice/Order printing

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 9 months ago #59358

Would be great to be able to bulk print orders/invoices.

Another good feature would be the ability to change the status of multiple orders at once (eg change 50 orders from confirmed to shipped in one go, and emails are automatically sent out).

This would save so much time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13084
11 years 9 months ago #59417

It will be possible to print several invoices at once using the invoice PDF plugin with the next version of HikaShop.

Sending 50 emails in one PHP thread is not recommended. Your server might get flagged as a spammer and your hosting company might not allow it anyway.
Also, a lot has to happen when an order status is changed. HikaShop plugins are triggered, emails are sent, history is written, order is changed, etc. Doing 50 orders at once would in some cases make the processing timeout or be blocked by the resources restrictions of your hosting company. So the processing would have to happen over several pages, using some ajax system like Akeeba backup does for the backups without cron. That would be a pretty complex thing to do just to allow for that.
Because of all that, I don't see a way in which we would be able to do that without issues for users or a lot of time of development for us.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 1 week ago #101511

nicolas wrote: It will be possible to print several invoices at once using the invoice PDF plugin with the next version of HikaShop.

Can you explain how to do this with the plugin? I am looking to batch print shipping invoices. Thanks.

• Thank you received: 13084
11 years 1 week ago #101512

Once that plugin is installed and published, you can select the orders you want to print in the orders listing of the backend and then click on the invoice button at the top and it will give you a PDF of all the invoices of the orders that you selected.

11 years 1 week ago #101514

nicolas wrote: Once that plugin is installed and published, you can select the orders you want to print in the orders listing of the backend and then click on the invoice button at the top and it will give you a PDF of all the invoices of the orders that you selected.

OK, that is what I thought. However, it just refreshes the screen with nothing happening. Clicking the invoice button from within an individual order, on the other hand, does give me a pdf to download. Any idea why it doens't seem to work with multiple orders selected? Also, two other questions:

- I would like to do this for Shipping Invoices, but am I correct to assume it only works for the Billing invoices?
- Is it possible to do this without also having the pdf invoices automatically attach to emails?

Thanks

• Thank you received: 4005
11 years 6 days ago #101668

Hi,

The PDF invoice plugin would generate one file which contains several pages (for the different orders).
The plugin is designed for billing invoices but if you change the template, you can display a shipping invoice (but not the two types in the same time).

There is not option to deactivate the PDF attachment in email. It something which has to be added in the plugin.
It requires some PHP skills to edit the plugin but you can :
- Comment the entire function "onBeforeMailSend"
- Add a new option in the xml file and read it in the function "onBeforeMailSend"

Regards,

PS: I added your request in the TODO list for the plugin.

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
Last edit: 11 years 6 days ago by Jerome.

11 years 6 days ago #101676

Thank you. This file is not being created for me for some reason though. Nothing happens when I click the invoice button.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 5 days ago #101908

Hi,

When you say nothing, you mean that there is no popup appearing ?
Can you try to enable the Joomla debug mode, set the error reporting to maximum and give us the returned error ?

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds