Categories listing - layout and function

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 8 months ago #63396

Hi, I am very new to this so please disregard my ignorance.

I am setting up a hikashop for a friend and have been doing fine until I came to the category listing. I read the tutorials and I have yet to be able to make it work the way I want and have spent up to three days trying different ways.

here is the link...
www.upsdynamics.com.au/shop/

For my product listings, I want the links to align left - I have tried editing the css many times with no success and when I inspect the element I often see shop//:75 as a source-
which I dont understand.

That is the first problem. Second problem is when I click on one of those categories, I just get a page with the same two links that loop back on each other. I want to be able to click on a category link and then have the products of that category showing. What am I doing wrong?

Would appreciate any assistance you can give this total noob!!

Thanks

Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by Netdragon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #63397

Sorry..thought I posted in the how to section..!!

• Thank you received: 13092
11 years 8 months ago #63546

Hi,

For your alignment issue, you can add that CSS and it will all align left in the module:
.hikashop_category_list {
margin-left: -40px !important;
margin: 0px;
}
#hikashop_category_information_module_87 div.hikashop_subcontainer, #hikashop_category_information_module_87 div.hikashop_subcontainer span {
text-align: left !important;
}

For the fact that you don't see your products, it seems that the problem is that you changed the products listing options so that it became a category listing. Because you're using the same module as for your left area.
The simplest will be to install the latest version of HikaShop. That will create a default category listing module with proper settings and you will see the products as you should.
You just have to publish it. No need to mess with menus and modules creation anymore.

11 years 8 months ago #63600

ok thank you..I will give this a go

11 years 8 months ago #63614

nicolas wrote: Hi,

The simplest will be to install the latest version of HikaShop. That will create a default category listing module with proper settings and you will see the products as you should.
You just have to publish it. No need to mess with menus and modules creation anymore.

ok, I have installed an update and cannot find any default category listing module (where should it be, looked under content modules, module manager etc). Is installing the update good enough or do I have to install the whole package again?

11 years 8 months ago #63652

I am getting so frustrated. I ended up deleting the module that wasn't working and starting from scratch and that time I couldn't get it to show up at all.

I am normally not this stupid.

I just want to create a module an my page that lists categories and subcatories, that when you click on you go to the products in that subcategory. Surely it is not supposed to be this hard!!

11 years 8 months ago #63658

Ok..have reinstalled the whole thing, found the default category modules and it now seems to be working. Phew..just have to play with formatting now

Thanks again for help given!!

11 years 8 months ago #63663

nicolas wrote: Hi,

For your alignment issue, you can add that CSS and it will all align left in the module:
.hikashop_category_list {
margin-left: -40px !important;
margin: 0px;
}
#hikashop_category_information_module_87 div.hikashop_subcontainer, #hikashop_category_information_module_87 div.hikashop_subcontainer span {
}

Me again,

I put in the above code (and changed the module number after I reinstalled hikashop) and it only aligned the sub-categories, not the main category. Any help would be appreciated.

11 years 8 months ago #63710

You are now using another layout for the module so the CSS needs to be adapted to it. Try with this:

.panel .title{
}

11 years 8 months ago #63715

Thanks..will give a go

11 years 2 months ago #93723

Hi Nicolas,

The second problem is also happening to me now. I get a page with the same two links that loop back on each other. I want to be able to click on a category link and then have the products of that category showing.

Here is the link: aromaterapiindonesia.com/products-categories/

So if you do this step, you'll see what i mean.
1. Click on Product Categories.
2. Go to Aromatherapy set.
3. This is the page where I encounter this strange layout problem. <---
4. Now, if you go to the menu drop-down.
5. Choose aromatherapy-set from the drop down menu.
6. This is the page how I want the layout of step 3 to be.

I see that there is a different in the url.
from the menu i have this url: aromaterapiindonesia.com/products-categories/aromatherapy-set
from the page i have this url: aromaterapiindonesia.com/products-catego.../12-aromatherapy-set

Can I just use the first url for both of them?

11 years 2 months ago #94008

Hi,

In order to have the same display on both, you can edit the module with the id 148 via the menu Display->Content modules and configure it the same way as the other products listing menu.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds