Product translation Forbidden

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 6 months ago #69443

Hi,

I use HS Essential with Falang and capability to translate products.

My site is in en - es - de

I activaded Falang plugin and activate the edition of content in multiple language is set to yes.

When I now go to a product and want to translate it, I have 3 flags above the description as you can see in the screenshot.

1. Do I have to put the translation in the English flag as well or only in the Spanish and German - the main description is already English
2. If now I translate to Spanish or German and I save it by pressing ok - red dots appear next to Name and Description - see print screen
3. If I go on the products listing of the Spanish it shows me everything in Spanish, German products appear in German and English Product in English.
4. But now if I click on the product and the product page opens - the product description is in English and not the translation I added to the product - the automated translation - add to basket is in German...

Why are those red dots appearing in my translation of products? Everything seems to work except the translation of the description.

thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #69448

Ok got it.

I have to got to Components> Falang> Translation> Languages>(Chose language to translate) Content Elements> Chose Hikashop products in my case)

I have to translate it from here... good explanation on: www.digitalbloom.ca/joomla-tutorials-sup...-article-with-falang

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 6 months ago #69453

Hi,

These red dots means that the translation is not published.
In the Languages tab of the configuration you have an option to have translations published by default when you translate the product information directly from the HikaShop product edition page (which you can do alternatively to Falang's interface). In that case, you don't need to enter the translation for the flag of your main language as you will enter it directly in the main fields of the product.

11 years 3 days ago #101829

I am having the same problem, We have turned on the Activate the edition of content in multiple languages and Translation published by default under the languages tab in the hikashop configuration but the red dot for forbidden is still comming up on the translation pop up for each product. Is there somewhere else to set this?
Thanks for your help.

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 3 days ago #101832

Please make sure that you're using the latest version of HikaShop.

11 years 1 day ago #102157

Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for your reply, We have installed the latest version of hika shop,
The red dot now changes to a green tick when clicked on the language popup in the admin ares, but the multi language still doesn't translate on the frontend?

• Thank you received: 4004
10 years 11 months ago #102377

Hi,

Do you change the language using the "language switch" of Falang ?

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds