tar.gz problem with installation

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #81318

I am trying to intall hika shop essential in an xampp environment, but I just get a blank screen. (Joomla 3.0.2 php 5.4.4, memory_limit 128M). Have done some quick searches, and it appears that it may be an xampp & tar.gz problem. I read that I could convert the tar.gz file to a zip file using 7zip, but I can't seem to manage to do it :( Not familiar with this issue. Is it possible to get the file in .zip format, or any other suggestions?

(BTW, this is a fresh install. I am assuming I don't have to install the Starter version first??)

Thanks.

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Lemon Tree.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 4 months ago #81373

Hi,

We have fixed an potential issue with the package download. So if you had a problem opening the tar.gz file, if the file was "corrupted", you could redownload it to fix the problem.
If your problem is a really a tar.gz issue, you can add a parameter in the download url in order to get the zip version.
Just add the "?ext=zip" at the end of your download url like:

level-starter.html?ext=zip

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lemon Tree

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #81558

Many thanks, Jerome. I tried downloading the tar.gz file again, incase the previous one was corrupted, but still got the dreaded white screen, so it looks like it is a problem with xampp and .tar.gz. Thanks for the instructions to get the zip version, which installed with no problems :)

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds