Menu & Category Navigation Renders 2 URLs & Format

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #83209

We are building a multi-purpose site that will have Hikashop along with several hundred categories and over 10,000 products. In building category structure and creating menu links for most of them, I found some issues.

MENU LINK NAVIGATION - The SEF URLs look good, and category page renders properly configured sub-category columns. You may see an example through the link immediately below.

actionarmory.co/parts/automotive/4x4-truck-suv

CATEGORY LINK NAVIGATION - When navigating from root category to the same category referenced abovw, the URL is different, posing SEO issues. Also, the formatting if sub-categories is completely different and doesn't maintain category configuration settings.

actionarmory.co/parts/category/103-4x4-truck-suv

Is this a bug? How may I fix this?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4005
11 years 4 months ago #83388

Hi,

It's clearly not a bug.

In HikaShop you can create as many menu as you want.
Your two links are two different menu with two different configuration of listing.

First one is the menu : 473
Second one is the menu : 388

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 3 months ago #85178

Both of these links are to the same category. This link (actionarmory.co/parts/automotive/4x4-truck-suv) is created via Joomla menu system located in the "Parts" drop down. This link (actionarmory.co/parts/category/103-4x4-truck-suv) is the same category, but it is found when navigating via its parent category. Because it does not forward to the Joomla menu item, it does not inherent the Joomla modules attached to the menu item. Furthermore, it creates a redundant link, which causes SEO issues.

Is there a solution to the redundant URLs?

Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by FidelGonzales.

• Thank you received: 13084
11 years 3 months ago #85613

There is no solution for now.

Next version of HikaShop will include a mechanism to use the child menu items URL automatically so that you get the same URL.

11 years 3 months ago #85629

Excellent. Thank you very much.

• Thank you received: 1
11 years 1 week ago #101148

I have this same issue so wondered whether any progress has been made on this? I too have a general navigation menu linking to my various product categories, but also on the home page I have photos for the categories, which link through a different menu so I get a different URL. I can't see a way to make them both the same.

11 years 1 week ago #101218

Not that I am aware of. Though, I have yet to upgrade.

I have held off on development upon that site due to several issues, which includes this one to a small extent. I plan on picking up the project again in June. At that time, I'll upgrade to the latest version and hope the issue is resolved. Otherwise, I'll consider other options, which for what we're looking to do, multi-vendor, there are not many favorable options.

• Thank you received: 13084
11 years 1 week ago #101524

Hi,

This feature has been added a few versions ago in HikaShop as I said.

Regrding what mhunter is talking about, I don't have any information to be able to tell if that is really the same thing. I guess that you're talking about something else which cannot be solved with the feature that we're talking about here. But that's not really a problem anyway as we introduced canonical URLs recently in HikaShop whih allows you to tell search engines what is the main URL for each product so that even if you have different URLs, you are not penalized for it regarding SEO.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds