About (no) login and registration and Cart.

• Thank you received: 3
11 years 4 months ago #83684

Usually, in VM I worked with no registration, so all clients can order like guests, without login.

For this, I tried to select ”No registration” and ”No” for login, in checkout options. I thought it will work.

It does not. In fact it sometimes work, sometimes no.

What happens: if somebody try to add products in the basket, it will not be possible without login. I have not routed joomla login to HS login, so I thought it will be ok.

I do not know how they are related, but for adding products, SOMETIMES it is possible, and then in this case the Minicart will be SOMETIMES updated, but most of the times it is not possible. Of course, if the user is logged in, all works fine.

So: Bug or... seting, again ? Too many settings, even if usefull. I am thinking about hiring Nicolas to set my shop to work, but I think he is expensive for me... :laugh:

Oh, by the way, today works. I will check all the day to see if it is consistent, even I donțt know why it works..

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by NADEJDE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13102
11 years 4 months ago #83946

Hi,

That's strange. But maybe it's related to your other thread I just replied to where you say that you have some caching enabled. Try to disable all the caching on your website, that might be why you get that "random" issue.

• Thank you received: 2
11 years 4 weeks ago #100069

Hello, back from a long absence :)

I have the same or at least related issue.

It's been a while since I worked with HikaShop in the backend and so today I installed an upgrade to the latest version (2.1.2).

Whilst trying to find a solution to a PayPal connection issue (I'll deal with that elsewhere in the forum) I came across the fact that the 'Add to cart' button does not appear if not logged in. In its place is the total number of products available. I would like customers to be able to browse and add to the cart as a 'guest' and have the choice to register during the checkout process.

If I log in then I see the button and the shopping cart with previous items (not yet paid for) still in the cart.

I have cleared cache in Joomla! (1.5) and I do not have cache settings in Global Config set to no.

In HikaShop Config / settings / checkout I have set the Login & Registration to no.

I only discovered it because I have always worked with Joomla! in offline mode so nobody could access the site with an unfinished cart. Once I put it online to test the PayPal connection I noticed that the cart is accessible only if logged in.

I've attached a screenshot of the HikaShop Config.

For me it is not a random issue as it is/was for NADEJBE. It is the same all the time - Firefox, Safari, Mac OSX 10.6

p.s. The preview function doesn't work for me in this forum.

Attachments:

11 years 4 weeks ago #100070

Ahhh just a moment.

Perhaps I need to remove the 'Login' from the Checkout Workflow?

11 years 4 weeks ago #100072

Here's a screenshot of the frontend whilst it is online.

Attachments:

11 years 4 weeks ago #100102

From the above attachment you can see that there is one Add to cart button, on one of the related products listed under the main product 'Window Mounts'. Window Mounts only has one price whilst all the others have Characteristics Varients (to choose different size and price of the product). So could this be where it is going wrong?

11 years 4 weeks ago #100110

I finally discovered that even though I had selected 'show Add to Cart' button in all modules etc., there is a default setting which over-rides them in Congiguration/System/Display/Default parameters for products. So now that I selected YES for Display 'Add to cart' button all is fine.

So this for me has now been solved.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jerome

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds