How to I change the order status to shipped

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 3 months ago #86061

Question 1: How to I change the order status from "Confirmed" to "Shipped."
www.m2820.com

I have my first order and have shipped it; however, I can't figure out how to change the order status from "Confirmed" to "Shipped." I can go into "Orders" and click the "Order Status" dropdown box and make the change there, but after doing so, the screen does not offer a way to save the change so once I navigate away from that window/screen, the "Order Status" reverts back to "confirmed."

When I click on "Customers" then edit his account, I see that the "Order Status" is set to "confirmed," but there is no way to change it on that screen.

So where do you do this? Actually, what would be great is if you have a tutorial on the best way to receive and fulfill orders. You have a bunch of information on setting up HikaShop, but I haven't seen a lot of information on the best way to actually use it. As a result, I have everything set up, but I'm not clear on the best way or easiest way to use it.

Question 2: How to get back to the HikaShop Dashboard
Continuing with the above issue, when I'm in the "Customer" screen/window, I don't see an easy way to get back to the HikaShop Dashboard without going back to the top and clicking on "components" then "HikaShop." It seems that this is true for a few other screens. Most of the time, there is a "Dashboard" button in the top right, but not always.

Brad

Sunday School Teacher Training
www.m2820.com
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by simo90.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 3 months ago #86121

Hi,

Please test it in our demo website for confirmation.

When you use the dropdown in the order listing, a popup would appear for the confirmation.
In this popup you can save a message for the order history and you can notify the customer by email.

After that, you can change the order status in the order listing or by editing the order (it uses the same popup process).

In the backend, on most of views, you have a "dashboard" button in the toolbar.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 3 months ago #86190

Hmm. OK, so I'm not getting the popup window that allows me to confirm that I changed the Order Status from confirmed to shipped. Any thoughts why?

Here's what I have checked:
1. I tried to follow your steps using Chrome, FireFox and IE9. I never received a popup windows asking me to confirm the change.
2. I tried the same thing on a different computer to confirm it is not a computer issue.
3. In the "Order" or Invoice screen, I also change the "Shipping" dropdown menu and the "Payment fee" dropdown, and I did not receive a popup, confirmation window after making changes.

4. It appears, the popup window feature is what is not working. Are there reasons why this feature would not open?
5. I have the following plugins installed:

Brad

www.m2820.com

• Thank you received: 4004
11 years 3 months ago #86251

Hi,

Do you have a popup while using the "edit" button on "coupon", on "customer" or other field in the order edition ?
It could be a javascript problem, or something which block the popup library.
Like that, it is hard to say "this plugin is the source" because, we should test your website for that.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

11 years 3 months ago #86257

1. I DO get popup windows in the following cases:
- Orders > Discounts > Product edit button
- Orders > Discounts > Category edit button
- Orders > Discounts > Zone edit button
- Customer > Customer > Address edit button
- Customer > Customer > Email button at top right
- Products > Products > open one of my products and click on the product picture.
A popup window opens with a larger view of the product image.
- System > Configuration > Main tax zone edit button
- System > Configuration > Invoice order statuses edit button
etc., etc. etc.

I believe all the popup windows open correctly except when looking at their order and trying to change the order status.

2. Also, I uninstalled Java and then reinstalled the latest version (7 version 11). This did not change anything.

Brad

www.m2820.com

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #86370

Can you try to enable the debug mode of Joomla and see if an error is returned.

You have maybe a missing column in a table in your mysql base.

PS: Joomla & HikaShop are based on PHP not on Java.

11 years 3 months ago #86474

1. Yes, I know Joomla and HikaShop are PHP based. However, when Jerome said, "It could be a javascript problem" just before your comment, I thought maybe part of HikaShop was in Javascript so I thought I would reinstall Java just to make sure that is not the problem.

2. I ran Joomla in debug mode, went back to the invoice and tried to change the shipping status, but I did not see any kind of Joomla error. I'm not exactly sure where I'm suppose to look, but no page came up saying there was an error and the debug information at the bottom of the page did not indicate an error.

3. How would I determine if I'm missing a column in my mysql database. Please be specific since I know very little about mysql.

4. Should it be this hard? I don't have a lot of stuff installed.

Brad

www.m2820.com

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 3 months ago #86522

Try to change the error reporting level to "maximum" in the joomla options, and see if an error is displayed.

If there are still no error message, could you give us backend & ftp access ?

Just for information, Java and Javascript are not related, it's two different things.

11 years 3 months ago #86615

1. When I changed the error reporting to maximum, this is what I got on the front end of my website:

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in
/home/myhome/public_html/plugins/content/contactenhanced/contactenhanced.php on line 41

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in
/home/myhome/public_html/plugins/content/valaddthis/valaddthis.php on line 30

Strict Standards: Non-static method JSite::getMenu() should not be called statically,
assuming $this from incompatible context in
/home/myhome/public_html/templates/yoo_subway/layouts/com_content/article/default.php on line 13

Strict Standards: Non-static method JApplication::getMenu() should not be called statically,
assuming $this from incompatible context in
/home/myhome/public_html/includes/application.php on line 539

2. When I changed the Order > Shipping Status, I didn't see any additional errors.

Brad

www.m2820.com

• Thank you received: 13082
11 years 3 months ago #86801

It seems that you don't have the latest version of the file media/com_hikashop/js/hikashop.js and thus it creates a javascript error.

You should replace it by the one in the install zip of HikaShop via FTP and that should then work properly.

11 years 3 months ago #86817

OK, I did this and it seemed to fix the problem.

Thank you SO much for your help!!!!

Brad

Brad

www.m2820.com

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds